Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan Markle With Her Natural Curls

I was looking at my emails and Yahoo came up and said something about her so I clicked on it and just kept clicking and was astounded by the number of people who were commenting (most mean) about this poor girl.

I'm sure she doesn't read it, good, because it was very mean.  Mostly females saying she betrayed them by straightening her hair and on and on.  I think it was tweeting.  I have no idea how to do that and don't care.  The only reason I think it was tweet was because someone used that word.

There will always be mean people in the world.  No one has to say she's beautiful if someone doesn't believe it or vice versa.  It's often best to just not comment if it's negative because it doesn't serve a purpose.

I'll never understand why so often, rather than build each other up, women want to tear each other up.  Doesn'ke any sense to me.  

I know there are other's of you who feel similar.  I always watched Suits and thought she was OK in it.  My favorite has always been Donna.

Again, I see no reason to knock the poor girl down.  She's going to have her hands full as it is.  I sure don't envy what she'll have to go through.

It's all reative though.  I'm sure she'll do fine.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan Markle With Her Natural Curls,

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@pommom wrote:

She's very attractive and carries herself quite well.  

I agree.   When she speaks she has a lot of poise.  Interesting fact the prince and she are distant cousins on her Father's side of her family from way way back

Her father graduated from a high school near me right here in PA.  ( Newport HS) It is a very rural area with lots of farms.  A lot of local people remember him well.  

If you go back far enough, we are all related.

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

It's an each to their own kind of world, but I've seen the word 'beautiful' associated with this woman quite a bit in recent weeks... I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing it... Somewhat attractive is about as far as I'm willing to go...

I agree with you 100%....

Why do many women always judge other women on their looks and beauty and or lack of it?

We tend to get angry when men judge us this way, but seem to be pretty comfortable discussing other women’s looks ourselves.

i know one thing, as women we need to evolve into better beings.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Wonder if she will ever show her natural crowning glory after  becoming a Royal? Her natural hair is beautiful!

@SeaMaiden

Ugh ....  not attractive.   There really aren't a lot of grown women who actually look good with little girl curls.   Too Shirley Temple-ish, IMO. 

I'm speculating that Meghan will have to dress in a more sophisticated way for most public appearances .....   the curls will have to be left to Charlotte for the time being.   Until Charlotte outgrows them, too.

Honored Contributor

@OfCourse wrote:

It would be nice to see her natural curls even if a somewhat relaxed version.  She will never be seen in public again without a high level of primping, including styled hair.  She hasn't worn those awful ripped jeans in public since she returned to London to prepare for the announcement.  I've seen a couple of stories about how she's given up short dresses and is wearing pale nail polish because these are the standards set by Queen Elizabeth. 

I must admit that she seemed to take over the interview with Harry right after the announcement.  He looked very stiff and even maybe a bit annoyed at times, IMO.  Maybe she just talks a lot when she gets nervous, but she should take her enthusiasm down a notch.  Today she and Harry will have their first "walk-about" together.  This kicks off a six-month schedule of public appearances for them.  It sounds like they're introducing Meghan to the British public and trying to boost her popularity.  Over at the Daily Mail, many commenters object to the fact that she's not British, is an actress, a divorcee, and not an aristocrat.  I must admit that sometimes I read them for a laugh, as people get so worked up over who they think should be in the royal family. 

@OfCourse

We must have seen different interviews.  What I saw was a young couple so in love that they finished each others' sentences.

I also thought the comments about her "not being an aristocrat" were ridiculous.   Why would it ever matter?   The royals have been accused of too much inbreeding, so I think this is a good thing.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44  I like Meghan and have been following her for about a year.  The British commenters at the Daily Mail also complain about her being an American.  Have you seen the reports of their first public appearance together yesterday?  The Daily Mail has a big story about it.  Her clothing has become much more conservative since the engagement, which is to be expected.  I didn't like her engagement ring.  I like vintage styles with a lot of metal work.  It's super expensive and rare (with two of Diana's diamonds), but it's plain.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Wonder if she will ever show her natural crowning glory after  becoming a Royal? Her natural hair is beautiful!

@SeaMaiden

Ugh ....  not attractive.   There really aren't a lot of grown women who actually look good with little girl curls.   Too Shirley Temple-ish, IMO. 

I'm speculating that Meghan will have to dress in a more sophisticated way for most public appearances .....   the curls will have to be left to Charlotte for the time being.   Until Charlotte outgrows them, too.

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden

Do you have curly hair, @Tinkrbl44?  I do, and I find it impossible to keep it straight.  As a teen, I used to try to straighten it, but when it was rainy or humid it just curled right up again.  I finally gave up on it.  Meghan must spend a lot of time blowing her hair out.  Maybe she uses a lot of hair spray, which I never did.  Perhaps that's the secret to keeping it straight.  I had a friend for many years whose hair was always straight and shiny.  She told me one day that she really has curly hair.  I could hardly believe it!

Honored Contributor

If you have straight hair,you want curls,if you have curls ,you want it to be straight.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Queen Charlotte wore her hair with natural curls. She, too, was from an African family. Imo, straightened hair has nothing to do with being sophisticated or well-groomed.

Honored Contributor

@OfCourse wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  I like Meghan and have been following her for about a year.  The British commenters at the Daily Mail also complain about her being an American.  Have you seen the reports of their first public appearance together yesterday?  The Daily Mail has a big story about it.  Her clothing has become much more conservative since the engagement, which is to be expected.  I didn't like her engagement ring.  I like vintage styles with a lot of metal work.  It's super expensive and rare (with two of Diana's diamonds), but it's plain.

@OfCourse

I didn't like her engagement ring, either .... but also not a fan of vintage styles.   I just hope this is something she actually loves.  I've known of a couple instances where the lady hated her ring ... once it was a really old family piece, and the other time it was an "ugly" setting.   While many would say you "should" love whatever you're given, having to wear something for decades that isn't your taste would be no picnic.  JMO, of course.