Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan Markle With Her Natural Curls

I edited my post @Caaareful Shopper. Check it out. It did look sort of strange so I changed one word.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I always enjoy reading your posts @SilleeMee. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the fixation with Meghan's hair! For those of us who are African American and/or mixed who have curly hair it is not a problem with going from curly to straight. Some of us use chemicals to keep our hair straight but for several years now it's just a blow dryer and flat iron. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

@JaneMarple  I have curly hair and am always somewhat insulted when someone also with curly hair goes to the trouble of straightening it.  It makes me feel like my hair is unattractive as is.

Honored Contributor

@OfCourse wrote:

@JaneMarple  I have curly hair and am always somewhat insulted when someone also with curly hair goes to the trouble of straightening it.  It makes me feel like my hair is unattractive as is.

Don't feel that way @OfCourse, I bet your hair is beautiful. People with curly hair have the versatility to wear their hair so many different ways. 

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

It's an each to their own kind of world, but I've seen the word 'beautiful' associated with this woman quite a bit in recent weeks... I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing it... Somewhat attractive is about as far as I'm willing to go...

I agree with you 100%....

Respected Contributor

I love curls, maybe because my hair is very straight. She is an average looking girl in reality, but on the screen ,on the show "Suits" they make her look steamy hot. I loved that show and her character. I was always wondering what her parents think watching it.

lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She reminds me of Minnie Driver; love her smile. : )

My hair is curly like hers plus with frizz. It's been a battle for as long as I can remember. I usually iron it... but the rain and humidity can ruin that very quickly. Whatever she decides is great. I don't understand the hoopla over the hair; sorry, I really don't. It's hair...wear it as YOU see fit.

Edited because I don't know how to spell, lol.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

She reminds me of Minnie Driver; love her smile. : )

My hair is curly like hers plus with frizz. It's been a battle for as long as I can remember. I usually iron it... but the rain and humidity can ruin that very quickly. Whatever she decides is great. I don't understand the hoopla over the hair; sorry, I really don't. It's hair...where it as YOU see fit.

Exactly right!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have hair "straight as spaghetti," as my late husband used to say.  That description always made me laugh.  How I wish I had the bounce and loft of so-called frizzy hair, though.  There is always a nice frame around the face.

The grass is always greener, isn't it?

To me, Meghan Markle is beautiful.  I'm one who loves unusual features brought together as well as the usual regular features.   Beauty is beauty, as far as I'm concerned, and, yes, it is in the eye of the beholder.  I've learned never  to try to tell someone whom to love or who is beautiful.  It will get you nowhere.