Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan Markle To Be A Superhero

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

I highly doubt she will don a cape and super hero costume.  Those roles are coveted by A listers, which Megan isn't.

She is a second rate TV actress that almost no one heard of until she became engaged to Harry.  She supplemented her income doing game shows.

I am not a hater..just stating the known facts.

@Carmie 

The "known facts"?  Really?   Just because you never heard of her doesn't mean she was an unknown.  When she was working on Suits, her salary was $50,000 an episode.   

The three fastest ways to make money in the public eye are:  Product endorsements,  Public speeches & appearances, and movie roles.   Writing a book might offer a big advance, but it's more time consuming, even if working with a writer.  

The media will continue to speculate and float rumors out there.   I'm willing to bet that they've got a business manager that is carefully scrutinizing potential projects for both of them that would work within the guidelines and achieve the goals they have in mind.   

Whether or not they use the word "royal" in any of their projects, people will still know who they are.  Dropping that word is certainly not a major concession.

Honored Contributor

M's dress is a Victoria Beckham.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   She was on Suits...not exactly a well known show and she was on a game show or two looking pretty and opening suitcases.

Of  course she made $50k per episode. That is not big money in the TV world.  Many actors make 1 million or more per episode for TV appearances.

She was/is not a motion picture actress.

She is well known now. Before she became engaged to Harry, she was not a household name. 

I'll bet there are few people who have never heard of her now.  I wish her and Harry well.  I hope they make it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   She was on Suits...not exactly a well known show and she was on a game show or two looking pretty and opening suitcases.

Of  course she made $50k per episode. That is not big money in the TV world.  Many actors make 1 million or more per episode for TV appearances.

She is well known now. Before she became engaged to Harry, she was not a household name. 

I'll bet there are few people who have never heard of her now.  I wish her and Harry well.  I hope they make it.

Well it's a boatload more money than I ever made as a teacher for 30 years!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Pantsonfire2 wrote:

Once married Meghan realized she would NOT hold the limelight as she thought, but William and Kate are the heir apparent and get all the attention ...  get over it or move on ... since Harry never liked all the princely thing, they talked about it and did indeed move on ...  yes I do speak to the Queen twice a day and this is what she told me.

if you don't like a little speculation and fun royal gossip about what you read or see then don't click your mouse on anything with the word "royal" in it ...  I'm sure there is a thread out there somewhere about what Jane Treacy is wearing tonight ...

@Pantsonfire2 

Uh ....  part of their difficulties is being constantly harrassed and IN the limelight.  They want to step away from the goldfish bowl and lead a calmer life.  You're not up to speed on this situation.

And Vancouver British Columbia is a great city. They will love it there. 

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Well it's a boatload more money than I ever made as a teacher for 30 years!

More than I made too.  There are many people who make that and a whole lot more and we have never heard of them. Money doesn't make you famous.