Honored Contributor

Anyone watching this show on the Food Network?  It's pretty entertaining.  It follows several couples who are trying to make restaurants work and trying to balance their relationships as well.  The premise is kind of like --- can couples work together in their endeavors to make their culinary dreams come true without destroying their relationships or marriages?  Also --- will this make or break them as couples 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I've been watching and enjoying this show also. It's hard to tell if their personal and/or business relationship will survive. I have my doubts because, unfortunately, it seems with each couple, only one of them is fully invested in the restaurant. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Honored Contributor

Great concept, tried to watch it but one woman's voice, don't know her name, grates on my ears.  As soon as she is on the screen, I flip the channel.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I are self employed...NOT a restaurant....40+years.  

It has it ups and downs, being together a lot is one of them.  I miss that when I worked for someone else, I made friends with people I worked with.  Our business is just me and my husband so the friend making sort of disappeared.

I do think owning a restaurant would be very difficult.

Honored Contributor

@software 

That is, I think, Janine.  It is rather grating, but she seems like a really sweet person.  I do feel that her partner has been really taking her for granted.  I hope they work things out.  

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

I believe it would be very difficult.  Especially if one of the partners puts a lot more into it than the other --- or if it's one of the partner's dream and not the other.  

Honored Contributor

Just the title of the show makes me think there is going to be conflict between two people. I just think there are enough shows with people at odds with one another. I am going to pass.

But I have not watched the show SO maybe I am wrong.

Honored Contributor

We've pretty much given up on the Food Network since we switched to YoutubeTV.  Too much exposure for a lot of the hosts and chefs.

We would rather watch the Tastemade channel or RecipeTV channel.  They actually cook!