Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Mayim is doing a nice job.  She's pleasant yet professional and understands the show isn't about her.  I also like that it's easy to imagine she knows the answers already; Alex was like that too.

Ha! I agreed with you so much that I had to look to see if I wrote itSmiley Happy I am totally, finally, enjoying Jeopardy again. 

Respected Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

I think Mayim has "upped" her look since her previous appearances.  I thought she looked fine before but this week her wardrobe and makeup looked terrific.  I also love the color of her eyeglass frame paired with her skin tone and makeup. 

I didn't tune in this week to watch her, but rather to see Matt continue his run.  Tonight was closer than it has been in a while.

Yes, I thought that young man might overtake Matt.  Matt seemed a little tired tonight but he seemed to pull it together and get stronger as the game went on.  I hope he makes it to 1 Million, he's almost there.  Maybe tonight?  (if he wins big)  I think he needs about $50,000 more to make it.

I understand completely how people either like this or detest this way of game play.  I couldn't stand James and felt the same way.  Then one poster wrote that James' smile reminded her of her dog and he became more endearing to me after that.  Woman Wink

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I think Mayim is doing a fine job and I think she'll do even better once she finds her groove, and part of that will come with knowing the gig is hers.  (Whenever they finally make a decision.)  I think they need to have ONE host, and that's it.  The decision about having a second host for "specials" was stupid, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

I think Mayim has "upped" her look since her previous appearances.  I thought she looked fine before but this week her wardrobe and makeup looked terrific.  I also love the color of her eyeglass frame paired with her skin tone and makeup. 

I didn't tune in this week to watch her, but rather to see Matt continue his run.  Tonight was closer than it has been in a while.

I noticed the changes in her appearance also, and I agree.

Honored Contributor

Last night found Mayim slipping back into teacher mode. She treats the contestants like students with encouraging comments that are condescending. If she becomes the permanent host, I will be giving Jeopardy a miss.

Respected Contributor

I've only seen 3 episodes with her this go round. I think she is OK but think she did much better during the 2 weeks she did over the summer.  Not sure what the difference is but she just doesn't seem as loose and comfortable in the host role.