Honored Contributor

What do you all think about all of this?

Just in case someone isn't following it - The M & M commercials have been leading up to the actual characters being pushed out and Maya becoming the spokesperson for them. They will now be called "Ma & Ya's." The former yellow M & M character will be representing another candy bar.

I think it's a stunt for the Super Bowl. I don't think there is any way they would completely change M & M's, even though they have already changed them a little!   Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Maya Rudolph and M & M’s

I think the commercial is goofy and it makes no sense to me.  

Honored Contributor

I think Mars Wrigley should do whatever they think will result in higher sales of M&Ms.

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom- There were some who were upset with the change of the M&Ms characters-they way they looked. So, Mars has put the candies on hiatus and has chosen maya Rudolph as  the spokeperson for the time being. Changing the name of the candy to Ma&Yas is a joke.

This is from Yahoo News explaining Mars position:

"In its statement, M&M’s said it hadn’t meant to “break the internet” with the redesign and shared its hope that Rudolph will be a spokesperson “America can agree on”.

“America, let’s talk. In the last year, we’ve made some changes to our beloved spokescandies. We weren’t sure if anyone would even notice. And we definitely didn’t think it would break the internet,” the company said. “But now we get it - even a candy’s shoes can be polarising. Which was the last thing M&M’s wanted since we’re all about bringing people together.”"\

Honored Contributor

I think the commercial is ridiculous as is the whole idea. But I don't eat that candy anyway, so...

Honored Contributor

A thread on this same subject was removed a week or so ago by moderators.  

Nothing about the commercial seemed real to me.   

Honored Contributor

It's actually clever because people are talking about M&M's.😄

Respected Contributor

Do these new M&M colors represent the colors of the Super Bowl teams?  (I dont usually involve myself in Football)

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Honored Contributor

will have to search for the commercial.

have not seen it on television yet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@JoyFilled Warrior wrote:

Do these new M&M colors represent the colors of the Super Bowl teams?  (I dont usually involve myself in Football)

well chiefs are red, eagles are green......i think M&Ms have those colors covered already.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein