Honored Contributor

For Maurice Benard fans, he will star in a Lifetime movie, Victoria Gotti: My Father's Daughter airing Saturday, February 9. Maurice plays John Gotti and was handpicked by Victoria. Victoria cowrote, executive produced, and narrated the film.

Trusted Contributor

He’s perfect for the part, have it all set to record. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  Thanks for the heads up!  She was just on TV promoting the show.

She also said (paraphrasing), "Something is in the works where she and her sons are going to have another reality show like they once had".

I remember seeing that show for a minute or two.  It's not a show I watch or probably will watch.  But some of you might be interested if you liked the previous reality show.

She showed pictures too of her grandbaby who's very cute.

I have to say I was surprised though because her face looked very thin, like maybe she'd been sick.  I'm guessing, I don't really know.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2,

Thanks for the info. I have been watching Maurice since his early years on the soaps,

https://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/postcards/3360795/graphic1.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

He just can't get past the wiseguy type casting, can he? I liked him better when he was a different character on AMC many years ago. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maurice also played Desi Arnaz as Ricky Ricardo too.

Honored Contributor

Just a heads up, this is on tonight.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

He just can't get past the wiseguy type casting, can he? I liked him better when he was a different character on AMC many years ago. 

I'm not sure many roles come his way, so he can either hold out for something different or just go with it.

Many times, it makes sense to cast someone who audiences are familiar with in a particular role because then they don't have to work so hard to make him believable as a mob boss.  We're already half way there from the start.

I always site Jon Bon Jovi in Pay it Forward as a good example.  He's only in a few short scenes, but he's perfect for the role because they don't have to explain why she keeps taking him back every time he comes home.  He's Jon Bon Jovi, he's cute and charming.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I watched this last night, I didn't think it was very good. I found the narration by Victoria Gotti annoying. Her input would have been okay if this had been strictly a documentary which it wasn't.

Honored Contributor

I found the narration interesting in the very beginning where she talks about how she learned very young to ignore stuff and pretend to believe the lies.

I find it very hard to believe she didn't know her husband was involved with the mafia.

In NY and NJ, if you own a business (ANY BUSINESS) or you work for a business that provides services, you darn well know that there is some involvement by the mafia, even if by 6 degrees of separation.

So for her to think that her husband started a construction-type business and made millions all on his own is far fetched.  Wasn't it a steel shredding business?  Don't you think he was shredding bodies in there, too?

She has no credibility.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN