Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

i was surprized how old she looked. florence henderson was a lot older then her and still looked bettter.

Florence has had all kinds of cosmetic work. That will make anyone look younger than someone who hasn't. Some older celebs are either stretched tighter than a rubber band, plumped with injections, or both. It might make them look less wrinkled, but "better" is in the eye of the beholder.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Gosh, i honestly thought she looked super pretty and natural.  I think I like her look better now than when she was a teenager...

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Pooky1 wrote:

i was surprized how old she looked. florence henderson was a lot older then her and still looked bettter.

Florence has had all kinds of cosmetic work. That will make anyone look younger than someone who hasn't. Some older celebs are either stretched tighter than a rubber band, plumped with injections, or both. It might make them look less wrinkled, but "better" is in the eye of the beholder.

Maureen looks like a woman who hasn't had a ton of fillers and surgery. We don't see celebs look natural any more. I give her credit for being herself and natural. She looks good to me......and Florence is deceased so she definately looks better than Florence.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

@Pooky1  Florence Henderson had a lot of work done on her face.

Honored Contributor

Maureen is older than me so I related to the younger sisters.  For those who mention how old she looks, it's probably because she is comfortable with herself - doesn't feel the need to be nipped and tucked.

Honored Contributor

I don't think Maureen looks terrible but she does look like she stayed in the sun a lot without sunscreen or a big hat.    It was very noticeable when she was on DWTS, especially her neck.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Pooky1 wrote:

Maureen looks like a woman who hasn't had a ton of fillers and surgery. We don't see celebs look natural any more. I give her credit for being herself and natural. She looks good to me......and Florence is deceased so she definately looks better than Florence.

LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I, too, grew up with her and am also the same age (well, I'll be 61 in November).  However, I think she looks awful and I'm not impressed that she managed to give up drugs.  Lots of people get over their addictions.  Not to mention that she gave them up at 26.  Move on Maureen.  Been listening to the same old story for years and years now. After 35 years, find something else to talk about.  

I usually try not to be harsh in any of my posts, but what you said Citrine2 was truly not necessary. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone, but just because you have the right, doesn't make it right. Until you have walked in someone's shoes, none of us will ever know their struggle. If her talking about it helps just one person, then she can shout it from the rooftops. We all have choices in life, so in this case, why not choose to be kind or just say nothing at all.

Regular Contributor

She definitly looks older than she is. But in her defense I guess shes been through a lot.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I, too, grew up with her and am also the same age (well, I'll be 61 in November).  However, I think she looks awful and I'm not impressed that she managed to give up drugs.  Lots of people get over their addictions.  Not to mention that she gave them up at 26.  Move on Maureen.  Been listening to the same old story for years and years now. After 35 years, find something else to talk about.  

I think an "addict" is always aware that they are "one drink-one puff-one bite-one bet-one whatever......" away from full blown relapse, so I trust and hope, @Citrine1, that you have never experienced addictive illness or loved an addict.

For the rest of us, success stories can be helpful, even after 35 years.