Honored Contributor

Here is a recent interview with Maureen  talking about her years being addicted to drugs and now being free of them for over 30 years.  

I grew up  with Maureen on The Brady Bunch....she is my age, 61.  I always loved her.    What a lovely woman she is!  So  good to see her doing so well😊👍 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/video/exclusive-maureen-mccormick-details-her-low-points-with-drug-addic...

Esteemed Contributor

I was (still am) a Brady Bunch fanatic.  Several years ago, I found her autobiography at a bookstore on clearance so I snatched it up and read it.  Now you've got me wanting to pull it out and read it again.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I have always liked her too, grew up watching the Brady Bunch, she was on Dancing With the Stars recently, and she seemed so sweet and genuine!

Esteemed Contributor

I, too, grew up with her and am also the same age (well, I'll be 61 in November).  However, I think she looks awful and I'm not impressed that she managed to give up drugs.  Lots of people get over their addictions.  Not to mention that she gave them up at 26.  Move on Maureen.  Been listening to the same old story for years and years now. After 35 years, find something else to talk about.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

However, I think she looks awful and I'm not impressed that she managed to give up drugs. 

Yes, her hair is kind of a mess.  But maybe she just got out of bed.  I'll give her a pass.  Wonder if she still carries a torch for Barry Williams.

Esteemed Contributor

I think she looks great, and how nice of her to use her past experiences to try to help people addicted to drugs and/or alcohol today.  She has a very positive story to tell about her recovery, and maybe it will help someone who is struggling with addiction now.

Honored Contributor

I think it's great to see a celebrity who's not all stretched, injected, frozen and expressionless.  She looks her age, but there's nothing wrong with looking her age.  She looks real.

Honored Contributor

Forgot to mention, I had seen her several years ago on one of Paula Deen's programs (back when I could stand Paula Deen) and she was actually quite heavy.  She seems to have gotten slim again.  But my point is, she appears to be someone who embraces her looks however she looks.  I think she looks great now, and she looked great when she was heavier as well.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @SeaMaiden, she is still beautiful, and anyone's story of overcoming addiction never gets old. She seems very happy and content. I love that!

Respected Contributor

i was surprized how old she looked. florence henderson was a lot older then her and still looked bettter.