Honored Contributor

Re: Matthew Perry Interview Tonight Oct 28

@qualitygal wrote:

No one knows the feelings others go through, unless they can walk in their shoes.  

One of Elvis's famous quotes, well said. 

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

I am glad that Matthew survived. But, I don’t think it would be possible to take 55 Vicodin and a quart of vodka daily and survive. Also, seems having that quantity of pills daily would involve some illegal activity, I assume. 

Yes it is @wakefield64 .  The body slowly buils a tolerance and can handle it.  Back then, it was possible to purchase narcotics on the internet.

Honored Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

drug addiction is not a disease. It is self inflicted.

Addiction IS a disease.  The addict has lost control and will do anything to prevent being dope-sick.

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

I am glad that Matthew survived. But, I don’t think it would be possible to take 55 Vicodin and a quart of vodka daily and survive. Also, seems having that quantity of pills daily would involve some illegal activity, I assume. 

It would explain why his colon exploded.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@beach-mom 

Sorry, no, not being judgemental at all, just surprised by your comment  .... It was just an ordinary prime time sitcom .... why did you think a high school student was too young to watch it?

Oh, thanks for explaining @Tinkrbl44!  A high school student would have been fine; DD was in elementary school! She had to wait to watch it!  Smiley Wink

@beach-mom 

LOL ... well, that makes total sense!   Again .. sorry.    Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

I've always like Matthew Perry but that was awful what he said about Keanu, no doubt about that, and any apology didn't really sound sincere.

VB pretty much confirmed what he said about her in a TikTok or something but unless he got permission to drop the names he did from those people that is pretty crumby and certainly a way to burn bridges with any friends...all for a buck.

I am going to give the show a try.  I don't know how long I'll make it through.  I am not a huge fan of Diane Sawyer so I may not last long.

@Wsmom  What did he say about Keanu?

@skyblue , Here is the quote:  

"In one excerpt, Perry reflects on the death of his former costar River Phoenix — who died in 1993 from a drug overdose — by asking why “talented,” “original thinkers” like Phoenix and Heath Ledger are no longer alive, but Reeves is."

Ouch! 😳 @Wsmom 

Valued Contributor

Addiction and alcoholism are awful DISEASES that affect the addict and the people who love them. It’s easy to make comments when you haven’t been affected by it. Consider yourself fortunate. Addiction doesn’t discriminate either. Having wealth doesn’t prevent you from being affected. I’ve learned to have compassion for those struggling. Nobody would choose to live like that. I also believe it’s helpful when others share their struggles to show the honest and ugly things they’ve done to support their addiction. Maybe one person will hear that and reconsider taking a drug or a drink.
Trusted Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

drug addiction is not a disease. It is self inflicted.

100% WRONG. Do some RESEARCH on ADDICTION.

Respected Contributor

I watched the interview and though Matthew looked like he had been through the wringer.  His addiction took quite a toll on him.

With all the drugs and alcohol, it is a miracle he is alive.

He was slurring words but that could be from his illness.

I hope he finds health and happiness.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF