Honored Contributor

Re: Matt Roloff puts Roloff Farms Up For Sale

@drizzellla wrote:

On the previews, didn't Zach state that he wanted to buy "The Farm"?

@drizzelllaYes though apparently he and Matt are no longer on speaking terms. Zach and Tori moved to Washington.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

On the previews, didn't Zach state that he wanted to buy "The Farm"?

@drizzelllaYes though apparently he and Matt are no longer on speaking terms. Zach and Tori moved to Washington.

OH! - Thank you, @colliemom4. As you can guess I no longer watch the show but catch things about the show from previews. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

never heard of them

@SharkE  Not missing much

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi  Maybe her ownership is in the house but not the family land?   

That's a totally uninformed guess about this specific couple -  did they reveal specifics anywhere?

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Desertdi  Maybe her ownership is in the house but not the family land?   

That's a totally uninformed guess about this specific couple -  did they reveal specifics anywhere?

@millieshops    I never even watched the show.    I was addressing the need to have a competent lawyer when you are selling assets.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Since this is my neck of the woods, just to set the record straight .... the kids didn't move to "Washington" (inset trumpets).  The moved over the bridge to Battle Ground, where there is NO income tax.

Let me open maps, yep 40 miles tops 🥳

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi    We certainly agree on that.   Between my own real estate transactions and those I participated in as an agent, I always preferred to have good representation involved.

As for the people involved in this transaction, I had no idea who they were until I read a few of the replies.  May have seen 10 minutes of the show years ago, so I can visualize the couple but I know nothing about their financial life.   The answers are always in the details -  not enough useful in the post for judgment about the decision.

Respected Contributor

After seeing the promos for the upcoming season, it looks like Zach wanted to buy the farm way below market value. But Matt seemed insulted by the offer. 

I always felt that Zach was too lazy to run the farm. He'd probably have Tori doing most of the work. 

Respected Contributor

An Oregon court exclusively confirmed to The Sun that Amy sold 32.28 acres of land at the Roloff Farms address for $975,000 on August 13, 2020.

Her ex-husband Matt took out a loan amount of $825,000 for the property exchange.

In June 2019, Amy sold a portion of the farm property to her ex-husband for $667,000.

Honored Contributor

@Somertime   I agree that Amy settled for less, always knew the proprety was worth millions, and Matt is only selling sixteen acres of an over one hundred acre property, so many millions yet to come from his share when he sells the rest, one day.

I assume this coming season will be the end of the series, no more storyline.