Super Contributor

Here's my two cents worth:  Almost all women, myself included have at some point in their life received unwanted attention from men.  I grew up riding horses.  It was amazing the whistles, cat calls, and lewd comments, and honking horns that I would hear from men while I was out riding my horse.  When I was all of 18, one of my first jobs was part-time as a medical transcriptionist/receiption at a dr's. office.  Every afternoon after his last patient would leave, out would come his girlie calendar which  would be setting on his desk when I would be called into his office.  The same dr. was very critical of my workmanship.  Finally one afternoon he had me in tears.  He proceeded to hug me and then tried to kiss me.  I never returned after that.  S.....l harrassment - for sure - but I moved on.  

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Tread lightly, ladies.  The thread on Community Chat is already history.

Uh, no it isn't.

Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Uh, no it isn't.

@SaRina Yes it is.It’s closed for commenting.

Trusted Contributor
tired of these weak women coming twenty years later claiming harassment yes, I did say weak!!! these were grown women, looking for jobs, and instead of telling the guy to get lost, the job was more important than how they felt at the time. now, their crying victim. sorry, I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for them. and please, spare me the "you don't know what it was like speech"
Respected Contributor

Re: Matt Lauer Fired

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Uh, no it isn't.

You are correct. I had looked for a padlock icon and a "Closed for Commenting" post by the moderator and didn't see either.  Now I see they deleted the "Reply" box. Oh well. Doesn't matter one way or the other to me. :-)

..... which is why I am posting here less and less. :-)

Honored Contributor

Like a poster at the start of this thread, my first thought was of Ann Curry and the power of karma.

Matt Lauer made her time as co-anchor of Today miserable.  I could never understand why he was so displeased with her as a choice for the position as Ms. Curry always seemed polite, smart, prepared and an all-around solid team player.  Plus, her nature was especially refined, IMO.

She must be secretly gleeful today (although I suspect that with her innately kind nature, she feels guilty for rejoicing in his fall from grace). 

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Uh, no it isn't.

@NicksmomESQ

Ironically, it closed just as I was composing a response to your post.  I considered posting it here but I don't want the same thing to happen.

I was in such a hurry to respond that I neglected to Heart your post.  I just returned to the thread to remedy that.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

I’ve been a victim of sexual harassment,both verbal & physical, several times in my past life in corporate America.There is nothing redeeming about.It’s degrading & humiliating.If it wasn’t for the love & support of my DH I would have walked away.I stayed the course & managed to get several promotions based on my knowledge & hard work.It wasn’t easy!!

Hopefully, now the issue will finally be addressed & dealt with.No woman should ever be compromised in this way!!

Honored Contributor

Sexual misconduct is not the same as sexual molestation or sexual harrassment. 

The wording makes me wonder if the sex was consensual but inappropriate -- with women from work [intern(s), producer(s) reporting to him, other women who work at NBC] and that it may have also happened at work.  

That is wrong and violates the standard broadcaster's morals clause but it's very different from rape and harrassment and groping etc.  

Remember David Letterman's secret bedroom at work?  Those were all consensual affairs and Letterman himself admits he ought to have been fired because consensual sex is still workplace sex and in violation of the morals clause.

I'm guesing Matt Lauer didn't coerce anyone but going forward all morals clauses are going to be enforced.

Honored Contributor

He always gave me the creeps.  Rarely watched the show because I really didn't care for him.  It just never seems to end these days.  I do wish these women, in all these cases, would have had the courage to come forward earlier.  Maybe the tide could have been stemmed long ago.