Trusted Contributor

Re: Masterpiece Mysteries: Breathless

We recorded The Roosevelts, but since my DH was watching football last night, we haven't watched it yet. I'm looking forward to it! How'd you like the first episode, Hooty?

Honored Contributor

On 9/15/2014 Vamp said:

We recorded The Roosevelts, but since my DH was watching football last night, we haven't watched it yet. I'm looking forward to it! How'd you like the first episode, Hooty?

Vamp, sorry but I didn't watch the Roosevelts .............. was it good?

Frequent Contributor

On 9/14/2014 Vamp said:

That was the third and last episode in the series, icaughtu.

Vamp, thank you for letting me know that. I kind of suspected it might be the last from the way it ended.

The program had already started when I came upon it. By the time it was over I was good and sleepy but I did enjoy it. Need to start checking PBS more often.

Trusted Contributor

The last episode ended the way it did was because when it was filmed there were plans for a Season Two. But the show later got canceled without ever making a Season Two. I thought it was just okay - I have seen a heck of a lot better on Masterpiece. BTW - did anyone else think that the actor who played Dr. Truscott (Jean's unfaithful surgeon husband whose first name escapes me) looked like Prince William? He was even left handed like Prince William. Oh well I was very happy to see a preview for Inspector Lewis - yeah new episodes Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

On 9/15/2014 Tommie1965 said: The last episode ended the way it did was because when it was filmed there were plans for a Season Two. But the show later got canceled without ever making a Season Two. I thought it was just okay - I have seen a heck of a lot better on Masterpiece. BTW - did anyone else think that the actor who played Dr. Truscott (Jean's unfaithful surgeon husband whose first name escapes me) looked like Prince William? He was even left handed like Prince William. Oh well I was very happy to see a preview for Inspector Lewis - yeah new episodes Smiley Happy

I think his name was Richard. The actor who played him is Oliver Chris:

Trusted Contributor

On 9/15/2014 Hooty said:
On 9/15/2014 Vamp said:

Vamp, sorry but I didn't watch the Roosevelts .............. was it good?

I haven't watched it yet. My DH wants to watch it with me. He was watching football last night when the first episode aired and is out of town until the end of the week, so we'll probably watch it next weekend. I'll let you know...

Trusted Contributor

Thanks VampSmiley Happy