Respected Contributor

Masterchef Junior is returning...

this Thursday, February 9, 2017 on FOX.  I really like this format!  Besides bringing out a "kinder, gentler" Gordan Ramsay, the children really seem to support each other. 

I am also enjoying the Kid's Baking Championship on FOOD network with Duff Goldman and Valerie Bertinelli.

Maybe it's the "teacher in me" but I love to watch these youngters succeed and do well!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

Re: Masterchef Junior is returning...

@Pandalady, thanks for the heads-up.  This series is a favorite of mine!

Valued Contributor

My girlfriend back in Italy just saw the end of the Italian season.She said the kids were amazing.She also loves the Italian and Australian versions for adults.I have recorded the last season of the Canadian one, which is very good.

Honored Contributor

For those who have had a Season Pass for 'Masterchef' - They used to just have this one show title for both versions - They are calling this one Masterchef Junior now, so your SP won't pick it up and you need to start an additional one with that full name.  Smiley Happy

I realized that had happened, on another board recently and, for the first time, had to make an additional SP for this version.   Don't know why they changed the name, but that can wreak havoc in your schedule if you don't know about it.

Trusted Contributor

I think it is amazing that these children can cook so well.  Some of their dishes look absolutely yummy!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I DVR'ed it and finally watched it today.  I like the new format of having the kids in categories.  Miss Graham Elliot and Joe Bastianich though.  They are doing guest judges this season. 

These kids are so talented and I can't bake or cook at my age (50s) now.  The food looked really good.

Love the softer side of Gordon Ramsay w/these kids.

Honored Contributor

i really enjoyed the show. those kids have heart and talent.

i am always amazed at not only what they cook, but how it looks during the final presentation. i find that those kids who have to do baked sweet items especially skillful. i know i am a good baker, but i have to follow a recipe. they just do it......and it looks good. even the kids who "messed up" a bit had good looking dishes.

i always feel so bad for those that cannot move on......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein