Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think the singing is pre-recorded.  You wouldn't be able to see the lip sync.

The only reason I think that is the distorted voice on stage is odd against the normal singing voice. 

I'm just not sure the singing could be pulled off through those costumes.

I watch on HULU so I can skip all the chatter.  I just like to see the singing and the reveal.

""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I too believe the singing is prerecorded.  It sounds too perffect and some of those costumes are so outlandish that would easily prevent a clear precise vocal.  I do like the show though.  Forgot it was on again last night but did catch the reveal at the end.  I do remember now Paul Shaffer did sing sometimes on Letterman with certain guests. Still didn't guess him though.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

I too believe the singing is prerecorded.  It sounds too perffect and some of those costumes are so outlandish that would easily prevent a clear precise vocal.  I do like the show though.  Forgot it was on again last night but did catch the reveal at the end.  I do remember now Paul Shaffer did sing sometimes on Letterman with certain guests. Still didn't guess him though.

@Lattelvr   Once one of the judges mentioned Paul Shaffer before the reveal I thought "yes".  Many musicians like Paul do have some singing pipes but I would not have guessed him on my own.

I don't know all the persons in all the reveals, though.  Some are persons I would never guess because I've never heard of them.  LOL

""Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers ,

I too was thinking the singing is a recording. It sounds too good to be live and there are never any mistakes in lyrics....someone has to mess up sometime but they never do.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

I was so sure the Skeleton was Martin Short; Paul Shaffer fooled me!  I think the butterfly is Ginger Spice (Geri Halliwell.)

@dawg lover I thought  the skeleton was either Martin Short or Paul Shaffer - and when Dr Ken said Martin Short I figured it was Paul Shaffer! He rarely gets it right. Woman Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Masked Singer

[ Edited ]

It is pre-recorded and probably auto-tuned.

I really think the fox is Jaime Fox.  It sounds exactly like Jaime Fox.

It’s 12/10....we are getting close to the end....moving....closer....

Any guesses?  How about the leopard?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat wrote:

It is pre-recorded and probably auto-tuned.

I really think the fox is Jaime Fox.  It sounds exactly like Jaime Fox.

It’s 12/10....we are getting close to the end....moving....closer....

Any guesses?  How about the leopard?

My one guess is I am sure the dog is Chris Daughtry from Idol. I think the fox would be too obvious to be Jamie Fox but I could be wrong. I only guessed 2 others this season that have been unmasked already and then Daughtry.. Last season I knew all but one. I think this years harder to guess. But I love the show.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am not sure who any of them are, but I tdo think that the fox sounds like Jamie Fox, but then again I don't know how Wayne Brady sounds, so it could be him....I do think Seal could be one of them as well.....I enjoy the show! It's on again tonight!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I think the fox is Wayne Brady from Let's Make a Deal. I have heard him sing on the show lots of times and it sounds just like him. I think Jamie Fox is too big a star to do a show like this.  At least this season when they reveal who they are I know these people. Last season I hadn't heard of most of them. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Rottweiller is definitely Chris Daughtry. Each week the song selection is more in his wheelhouse- his voice is so rich & distinct. The clues fit him too- re: being judged, NC, this week there was talk about family too. And he's taken a couple years off to be a Dad.  I'm a big fan - I've seen him live several times!