Contributor

Some food for thought:

I haven't watched the show before, but Wednesday night I saw on social media where folks around my area seem to think Thingamajig is NBA player Victor Oladipo from the Indiana Pacers. 

Jeri 

Esteemed Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

I think the butterfly is Fantasia.  She has had a lot of personal difficulties lately.  There was a church window shown and she started out as a gospel singer in the church choir,  

@Houstonoilers Fantasia has a different tone to her voice than the butterfly- a lot of the clues (so far) fit many female singers. Mel B for one- but Mel B's tone is deeper. There was a clue 'pray I don't fall over'. Was there a singer who fell while performing  in recent memory? 

Mariah Carey did- and she's big on butterflies. She had a  jewelry collection with a  butterfly theme when she was on hsn (or qvc?).Wouldn't that  be fun/odd/ironic if Nicks ex wife is in costume??

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@IUredhead wrote:

Some food for thought:

I haven't watched the show before, but Wednesday night I saw on social media where folks around my area seem to think Thingamajig is NBA player Victor Oladipo from the Indiana Pacers. 

Jeri 

@IUredhead  I definitely got Thingamajig is a basketball player.

What's the chubacca/star wars clue all about though? I'm not enough of a Star Wars OR basketball fan to know the connection.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

This is such a stupid show.  JMO

@Jinlei  That's what I thought when it started last season, I was watching  for a trainwreck aspect of mindless entertainment!! But as the weeks went on it got very intriguing. And the costumes are amazing!

Esteemed Contributor

Excellent observation! I love the show and am glad it was picked up for another season. I would fall over if it is Ms. Carey. She is one of my favorite singers.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

Excellent observation! I love the show and am glad it was picked up for another season. I would fall over if it is Ms. Carey. She is one of my favorite singers.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles I'm going to re listen to the Butterfly- and see if it has  even an essence of Mariah's distinct tone.

Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@IUredhead wrote:

Some food for thought:

Jeri 

@IUredhead  I definitely got Thingamajig is a basketball player.

What's the chubacca/star wars clue all about though? I'm not enough of a Star Wars OR basketball fan to know the connection.

@Ibby114 Vic's birthday is May 4th which is Star Wars day. I think that's the Star Wars connection.

His jersey number is also #4.

He was drafted 4th by the Orlando Magic (magic briefcase clue)

He currently plays for the Indiana Pacers (keep the pace clue)

He hashtags the word feathery on his Instagram account

The suit looks to be in blue & gold colors (that's Indiana Pacers colors)

There is something on the right knee and he wasn't dancing a lot. (He injured his knee in January)

He does sing...won the last two NBA all star talent competitions and has released songs. Here's one from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScB892Sg0OU

Just my two cents worth

Honored Contributor

This show made me crazy last season...it drove me nuts and I spent way too much time googling stuff. I couldn't stop thinking about it. You must think i'm weird, I know. So this season I'm just laying low and watching it for the fun of it. I can't put myself though what I did last season. It was insane. LOL!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

One weird thing that hit me that, for some unknown reason, had eluded me up til now is that when I was doing something and not looking at the tv and Robin Thicke was speaking I thought I was listening to his father.     That voice!   It was kind of jarring for a second until I realized to whom I was listening in that moment.

Honored Contributor

Thoroughly enjoy the first episodes. Loved the butterfly and ladybug outfits. Some really good singing going on there!

I could do without Jenny and the doctor, who seem to "perform" when they know the camera is on them. I don't get that vibe from Robin and the other judge.