Respected Contributor

I did know both stars who were exposed last night.  I guessed Johnnie Weir right away, but not the Ninja.

I feel like the skeleton is Dan Akroyd.  And the ladybug is Kelly Osbourne.  I am not always right by any means.  

Last season I guessed Donny Osmond and Gladys Knight right away.

I love the show, but the judges are a little over the top sometimes!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

I too give the singers so much credit dancing and singing and prancing around in the costumes. They must be so hot under all of that!!!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Masked Singer

[ Edited ]

@redwingsgal wrote:

I did know both stars who were exposed last night.  I guessed Johnnie Weir right away, but not the Ninja.

I feel like the skeleton is Dan Akroyd.  And the ladybug is Kelly Osbourne.  I am not always right by any means.  

Last season I guessed Donny Osmond and Gladys Knight right away.

I love the show, but the judges are a little over the top sometimes!

@redwingsgal  Dan is much taller than the skeleton- I think it's Martin Short. Some of the body movements he made reminded me of the goofy Ed Grimley character he did on SNL.

I was almost right with the egg- I thought it was Adam RIpon! The 2 are known to have such celebrity feuds with each other too.... Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@corita wrote:

I did not watch last season, so decided to watch yesterday.  Have to say...the costumes are outstanding!!  How the contestants can manage to sing, prance and dance with those seemingly heavy outfits on is amazing!!

I really do not know any of the current 'stars' mentioned by the judges.  But I did sense a skating star with the EGG!!

The comments made by the judges seem to be so scripted!!  How could they have so many joking remarks directly related to the costume...if they did not know what the getup was going to be presented???

The Doc is funny, but he does n't need to takeover the show!!

@corita 

There was a 'Sneak Peek' show which aired a couple weeks ago and that's when the judges met the singers. Also in that show were some hints given for each singer as they were being introduced.

--------------   

Thanks...did not know!!  Judges meet them in costume , am assuming???  I did enjoy the show, but wish the judges would keep it down a bit.  For so many of these competitions, the judges seem to be competing for as much attention as the contestants.  One of the reasons I stopped watching Dance With Stars and The Voice!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

This is such a stupid show.  JMO

Respected Contributor

I'm pretty sure I know who the Skeleton is.  When he was singing the second song I recognized his voice.  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Paul Shaffer, David Letterman's band leader.  There also was a clue about being second banana or something like that.

Valued Contributor

I think the butterfly is Fantasia.  She has had a lot of personal difficulties lately.  There was a church window shown and she started out as a gospel singer in the church choir,  

Valued Contributor

I stumbled upon this show and I was thoroughy entertained!  The costumes are artful, the performances are fun, and I love the mystery.  Not crazy about Jenny McCarthy or Robin Thicke though, but they didn't spoil my fun.  I'll watch again.

Honored Contributor

I DVR and skipped through much of the blah blah from the judges

I wish they would cc the singers when talking - can't understand them with the voice scramber

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Masked Singer

[ Edited ]

@VanSleepy wrote:

I'm pretty sure I know who the Skeleton is.  When he was singing the second song I recognized his voice.  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Paul Shaffer, David Letterman's band leader.  There also was a clue about being second banana or something like that.

@VanSleepy that's a good guess-  and it makes sense since he has a new show to plug. I was thinking Martin Short since his stage presence is similar to his SNL character  Ed Grimley!