Honored Contributor

Re: Masked Singer Season Premiere Tonight *SPOILERS*

@DREAMON wrote:

This was the biggest shocker of all the seasons so far for me. When she first took the bear head off I thought it was Tina Fey doing her Sarah Palin impersonation.

I have to say Sara Palin never ages...she looks great.

@DREAMON . I thought it was Tina Fey at first as well......I think everyone was so shocked!!!!!!!!! She does look really good.

Honored Contributor

Me too! Thought it was Tina Fey being herself or Sarah when the hood was taken off! I have to say, Sarah was having a blast and she was really good, moving around and gettin' with it! What a hoot! Made my evening. Smiley Happy

That did prove me wrong on one thing.....I have always thought that Nick knows who the masked singers are each week, if for no other reason than he makes sure to introduce them correctly if they are not someone he is familiar with. 'Cuz, wouldn't that be something if he took the hood off and didn't know who the person was? ha!

But that look on his face was priceless!

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler I told my husband when the bear (Sarah Palin) came out to perform that it was defintely somebody younger with all that energy!  Boy was I wrong.  I was  totally shocked. I also thought it was Tina Fey. They could be twins!  I thought "the judges were right" until she turned around.  Nick doesn't know who any of the singers are. When Chaka Kahn was revealed he said as soon as she started singing he knew it was her.  Everything is kept extremely hush hush and the other singers don't even know who each other is. I love the judges on this show. They are great and funny too.  

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab I remember them stressing that none of the performers know who each of the other contestants are, and that they keep it very tight-lipped. But I didn't think that included Nick. But after seeing that look on his face, I'm convinced now! ha!

Tina Fey and Sarah Palin could be twins!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch the show. I just saw the video of the performance on my homepage. All I can say is "When is that woman's fifteen minutes going to be up?" I believe she has milked the fame game for pretty much all it is worth. Now, buh bye!

Respected Contributor

I nearly fell off my couch when I saw Sarah Palin. Never in a million years would I have guessed it was her. Everyone in that room was shocked. One of the judges said "is that Tina Fey?" when the mask was off and her back was to the camera. I'd definitely expect Tina to hop around and shake her booty in a furry rainbow bear costume rapping Baby Got Back but not Sarah Palin!

Overall the performances last night were pretty good. 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

How early are these shows taped?  I know that they are not live.

Bret Michaels has been on tour since early 2019 plus involved in a few other projects. 

Although the clues point to him, I'm not sure if he could fit this show into his schedule.

Any other thoughts?

I thought I read the show was taping in January. It is amazing word doesn't leak out, who is who ( I still think the show should be live and the viewers should get to vote). Robin was close Tina Fey does a great Sarah Palin! I 'm not a fan of Sarah's, but this does make me see her in a while different light, she was good.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  I know everyone thinks the banana is Brett Michaels but I don't because he doesn't sing that well and Brett does.  I don't think he would do a show like this with his schedule (time constraints).  Also, I thought last night that the Swan was the worst of all of them. I was shocked to see the Bear (Sarah) go home. 

Esteemed Contributor

The guesses were pretty good.  I was as shocked as anyone when the Bear took off her mask.  Who knew?

Honored Contributor

I was surprised, too!  Not a fan but she did a good job and seemed to be having fun.

But then, I'm pretty much always surprised because I never seem to be able to guess any of them.

ITA with Karen in that I really thought it would be Swan who got voted off the island.