Respected Contributor

Does anyone remember Mash?  I watched it when it was originally on many years ago and have just started re-watching it on MeTV.  I forgot how magnificent this show was.  This show had such a mix of emotions, and the acting was suberb (sp?).  I loved it when Harry Morgan joined and the the actor who played Charles Winchester III.  I am watching the old shows more and more and appreciating the intelligent writing and acting.  

Respected Contributor

Always loved Mash. Without a doubt one of the best.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mash - TV Show

[ Edited ]

Of course, I remember MASH.  Never watched it when it was first on although my father loved it.  But now that repeats have been on for years have probably seen each episode multiple times.  Favorite characters:  Radar and Fr. Mulcahy and the occasionally seen Colonel Flagg!

Trusted Contributor
Loved MASH, especially the first four seasons.
Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Of course, I remember MASH.  Never watched it when it was first on although my father loved it.  But now that repeats have been on for years have probably seen each episode multiple times.  Favorite characters:  Radar and Fr. Mulcahy and the occasionally seen Colonel Flagg!

kaydee50 - Yes, also loved Father Mulcahy and Radar was incredible.  I missed his character when the actor left after a few seasons.  He is not in the last couple of years.

Super Contributor

One of my favorite episodes was the one in which the doctors were treating injured soldiers in a Greek platoon.  It was Easter and a live lamb was sent to be prepared for their celebration.  Radar had the lamb shpped to his family's farm in Iowa and a SPAM lamb was carved and served with lots of wine (as suggested by Hawkeye).  I haven't eaten lamb since watching this episode when it first aired years ago.

Respected Contributor

Ha this is wild...I just grabbed my iPad and logged into the forums. Picked up the remote and turned on MeTV to watch MASH from 7p to 8p. Watch it every night in winter. Love it.  Summertime I'm outside...hurry back thick, hazy, hot humid🥵🔥☀️

Honored Contributor

Re: Mash - TV Show

[ Edited ]

@lovesallanimalsMeTV has 2 reruns of M*A*S*H every night. I think David Ogden Stiers was excellent and I've seen him on Frasier and Dr. Quinn just to mention a couple. I like him and enjoyed his character.

My favorite "Charles" episode was when Radar wrote to Charles' mom for something to cheer him up and she sent Charles' childhood toboggan cap. It made him to happy he almost wept and he thanked  Father Mulcahy for asking Radar to  do that. "Father, you saved me." I almost cried myself.

I thought Frank Burns was funnier than Hawkeye by a longshot.

Super Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Does anyone remember Mash?  I watched it when it was originally on many years ago and have just started re-watching it on MeTV.  I forgot how magnificent this show was.  This show had such a mix of emotions, and the acting was suberb (sp?).  I loved it when Harry Morgan joined and the the actor who played Charles Winchester III.  I am watching the old shows more and more and appreciating the intelligent writing and acting.  

One of my favorite tv shows of all time and it still holds up. Writing was great and as much as I loved the original cast ... the new characters they brought on when others left the show were just as good as the originals.

I'm like you ... I'm watching more and more old tv shows and movies ... great writing and acting. I'm just not into the current effects-heavy, comic book-based tv shows and movies.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@lovesallanimalsMeTVV has 2 reruns of M*A*S*H every night. I think David OgdenStiers was excellent and I've seen him on Frasier and Dr. Quinn just to mention a couple. I like him and enjoyed his character.

My favorite "Charles" episode was when Radar wrote to Charles' mom for something to cheer him up and she sent Charles' childhood toboggann cap. It made him to happy he almost wept and he thanked FatherMulcahy for asking Radar to  do that. "Father, you saved me." I almost cried myself.

I thought Frank Burns was funnier than Hawkeye by a longshot.

Love my grandkids - Oh I loved that episode!  It was on just the other night and yes, I cried.  I DVR both episodes every night so that I can watch them when I want and by-pass all the commercials.