Respected Contributor

Mary Jo and daughter last evening

[ Edited ]

Anyone watch last evening?  I have never walked in Mary Jo's shoes!  What a nightmare for her and her children.  Her daughter was very well spoken.  The trauma both children went through was heartbreaking. 

When Mary Jo explained about the plea deal...........which was a reduced charge of attempted murder to assault, I was shocked!  No consideration given to the victim, a double cruelty.  At the end, it was revealed that there had been a previous attempt on her life by a friend of Amy's who had been given immunity at the time of the investigation.  He stated last evening since the statute of limitations had expired, that he had used a rifle and shot twice through the window of the house when he saw a figure.  It was around Thanksgiving previous to Amy's attempt.  Mary Jo and her daughter were shocked that this was tied to Amy.

I'm sure they were paid nicely for this special.  She has been through hell and back.  I wish her and her children all the best.

Respected Contributor

Re: Mary Jo and daughter last evening

Who is Mary Jo? 

Honored Contributor

@Somertime I'm amazed and appalled at the things both men and women do to others when their love affairs, marriages included, don't go the way they want.  The Buttafuco-Fisher mess is a perfect example   At the time, I lived not all that far from Mary Jo's home and the local news was filled with the sad details.  

I didn't watch last night, but I remember I used to feel Mary Jo was the only adult in that triangle.  Is that how she came off in this new look at her? 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@millieshops Yes, she did!  I missed some of it. I, too, lived in NY at the time and you could not get away from the headlines.  I didn't follow it because I found it so horrid and he was disgusting and an embarrassment.  There was nothing on last evening, so I tuned in.  It was interesting from Mary Jo's perspective as well as her daughter's.  Her daughter has moved in with her because Mary Jo is experincing health problems.  Her so has changed his name and wishes privacy.  Sad.

Respected Contributor

@Somertime: More details, please. Who's Mary Jo?????  

Respected Contributor

@Diva on The Q Mary Jo Buttafuco, Joey Buttafucco and Amy Fisher.  Too much to go into.  Look them up on the Internet.

Trusted Contributor

I do remember when this mess happens.Very sad story,Nothing was said about the son.Is he alive or what.

Honored Contributor

I think there were actually 3 TV movies made on this subject years ago, every main channel made one. 

Esteemed Contributor

She remarried and that husband passed away from cancer.  Wonder why she's using the Buttafuoco name again?

Trusted Contributor

I watched it. 

I think Joey B was getting off on hearing his name on TV, seeing it on the cover of the Post, Daily News - even though it was all bad.  He was a pig.  And added to the stereotype of a typical Italian man who never had to grow up.  As an Italian, I had a few men in my family like him, but not as bad.

The fact that their son changed his last name is so sad.  And their daughter had her issues, can you imagine him as your dad??  What is he teaching her??  She seems pretty level headed now.

A sad, sad story.