Esteemed Contributor

watched the last episode of the series last night and have to say a little disappointed in how it ended .  I guess I expected more .   I won't go into details for those that haven't seen it yet.    I will come back another time and go into detail as what nwould have liked to see as an ending after all this time watching .  I am sorry to see it end as well.
 Thought it was a great series and loved the characters ,  especially Susie she was a riot !    Also Lenny Bruce and of course Midge !!

Esteemed Contributor

sorry ...typo ,  Mrs. Maisel 

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore I was perfectly happy with the way it ended.  Throughout the season we get to see glimpses of Midge's life and the lives of those around her in the future so I thought the final show wrapped up things well enough.  

Spoiler
Lenny Bruce did read his arrest warrants during his later shows.  He also dated a comic around the time they him assoicated with Midge. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Marvelous Mrs Mariel

[ Edited ]

I really enjoyed the whole series, although I did have trouble getting into it at the beginning. Took me until the third episode to get hooked. Always felt that while Rachel Brosnahan was a great actress, she would not have been my choice for the part. I'm also very sorry to see the series end.

Totally loved Susie's character, she was my favorite. The actress who plays her - Alex Bornstein - has her own stand-up special on Prime. Very over the top bad language and subject matter but funny.

Thought that all of the supporting actors were great and most of the storylines were interesting. Agree with you about parts of the last episode. There were a few things I'd have liked to see resolved that weren't. However, I did love the very ending. Very bittersweet.

Heard that the producers of the show are working on another unrelated series, this one about ballet dancers. 

Respected Contributor

Haven't watched yet...........saw a spoiler online that was not too complimentary to the final episode. 

Honored Contributor

I love that show and while I'm sorry to see it end, I'm happy it's ending while it's still a great show.  I loved the finale.  They spent this last season tying up story lines and showing us the futures of the characters.  Although there were a few things they didn't clear up.  For me the ending was perfect....in a real way.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed the series.  I found it quite funny most of the time, writers had a good sense of humor and the actress that plays her did a remarkable job.  As far as the final episode I won't say much but it was good, I just would have liked to see more of the family involved.

Honored Contributor

Totally lost interest last year tried to watch it again and the same thing, not sure why just did not like it any longer.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I loved this show and was sorry to see it end.  Everything about it was perfect.  I saw the last episode last night and was wondering what happened to Abe.  I know her mother was sick and probably passed away but what happened to her father?  Also, did Joel ever get out of jail?  I so wanted them to get back together again, they always loved each other.  Leny bruce was a said story but was realistic about his life.  Susie seemed very happy but I felt for Midge as she seemed to have everything yet seemed so lonely.  I will probably watch the entire series again it really was exceptional.

Contributor

Loved the series, the writing, the acting and the clothes. Sad to see it end,

but the final episode was perfect. Had to end that way. 

We have to remember htat women have come along way and all Midge needed was her shot to succeed. Susie & Midge in 2005 was also perfect. 

2 older Jewish ladies kibbutzing. I agree that Susie stole the show but

Midge was well cast too. 

I wonder what happened to Esther? Music, comedy or what? Maybe she runs her husband's business or started her own?