Respected Contributor

Anyone heard when new season will be available on Prime?

Respected Contributor

I believe not until beginning of 2022 is what I read, unfortunately. Been such a time gap due to Covid.

Regular Contributor

I really hope so!  I had about given up looking for it.  The last episode really left her in a precarious spot as I remember.  Love her dad!

Honored Contributor

2022.  It was a victim of Covid lockdowns.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I love this show, cannot wait for it to be back.  I enjoyed it so much I am going to watch the whole thing again  from the beginning.

Respected Contributor

I can't wait for the return! I miss seeing all those beautiful outfits that Midge wears.

In other news . . . . .

Kelly Bishop will appear in season 4.

The former Gilmore Girls cast member has joined the series. Bishop is well-known for playing matriarch Emily Gilmore in Amy Sherman-Palladino's other hit series.

The show shared a picture of Bishop in her Marvelous Mrs. Maisel costume, writing, "If looks could kill."

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 4 brings Kelly Bishop on board

Milo Ventimiglia has joined the cast.

The This Is Us actor was spotted filming on set with Rachel Brosnahan (the actress behind Midge Maisel) on June 10. His exact role in season 4 is unclear but judging from the photos (below), he seems to be slated for multiple episodes and is likely playing a love interest—the two underwent numerous costume changes to film their scenes in a park. Ventimiglia previously collaborated with Maisel creator Amy Sherman-Palladino on Gilmore Girls.

celebrity sightings in new york june 10, 2021

celebrity sightings in new york city  june 10, 2021

celebrity sightings in new york city  june 10, 2021

John Waters has joined the cast.

Waters will be appear in a guest starring role, with the exact nature of the character he is playing being kept under wraps. Waters is best known for his work behind the camera, having written and directed films like “Pink Flamingos,” “Hairspray,” “Cry-Baby,” and “Cecil B. Demented.”

celebrity sightings in new york city  march 31, 2021

Production on Season 4 — delayed nearly a year due to COVID — got underway last January. Daniel Palladino previously told TVLine that although Maisel will look and feel like the same show when it returns, COVID protocols and restrictions will necessitate one creative tweak to the series’ ambitious production. “There will be a lot more visual effects because there are limits to what we can do,” he explained. “Last season, our premiere had 850 extras in an airplane hangar. We cannot do that.”

Respected Contributor

Filming at Coney Island

rachel brosnahan filming marvelous mrs maisel

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel Filming in Coney Island | Tom + Lorenzo

Rachel Brosnahan is a vision in blue on the The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel set  at NYC's Coney Island - DUK News

Washington Square Park

Around Manhattan

Mrs. Maisel Has a Giant Umbrella - Go Fug Yourself

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel season 4: Rachel Brosnahan makes PPE high fashion  in New York during filming and we're totally jealous - Future Tech Trends

Rachel Brosnahan - "The Marvelous Mrs Maisel" Filming Set in Manhattan  03/04/2021 • CelebMafia

Respected Contributor

Filming in New York has been going on since January 2021... but with new on-set protocols.

Like every other film production, there’s now COVID-19 protocol to keep actors and crew safe during the pandemic. To reduce the number of people on set, there will be less background actors in scenes. Instead, computer-generated imagery will take their place, according to Deadline. (Yes, they can paint in extras now.)

Here's Rachel Brosnahan shown inside an umbrella-like bubble with what appears to be a HEPA filter to protect herself from particles of SARS-CoV-2.

RACHEL BROSNAHAN on the Set of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel in New York  03/23/2021 – HawtCelebs

Rachel Brosnahan takes COVID safety measures in HEPA FILTER umbrella to  film Mrs. Maisel in New York - NewsGroove Uk

Per Backstage, the show was hiring extras to work in New York City through the end of June 2021. They have some pretty specific hair requirements…like no highlights or roots, and your hair length must be above your shoulders. "If hair touches shoulders, it will need to be cut by the hair dept." (Hello free haircut.) And sorry ladies, no visible tattoos.

Season four may premiere in December 2021.

Since filming is still in full swing due to the pandemic delays, it should come as no surprise that an official release date hasn't been announced, either. Still, with the current schedule, there is a chance the show could keep with its tradition of December premieres. Seasons two and three of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel premiered on December 5 and December 6, respectively.

Of course, everything is still ****** up in the air.

Expect the whole Maisel cast to return.

Not only will fans see Rachel Brosnahan (Midge Maisel), Alex Borstein (Suzie Myerson), and Michael Zegel (Joel Maisel) again, but other beloved characters played by Tony Shalhoub (Abe Weissman), Marin Hinkle (Rose Weissman), Kevin Pollak (Moishe Maisel), Caroline Aaron (Shirley Maisel), and Jane Lynch (Sophie Lennon) are expected to return for season four.

Alex Borstein

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' Season 4 - Set Photos, Cast, Release Date

Jane Lynch

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' Season 4 - Set Photos, Cast, Release Date

Respected Contributor

I would kill for her wardrobe!  The coats, dresses, shoes, bags, gloves, hats, etc., etc.  Reminded me of a time when women looked so feminine and gorgeous and the men so handsome with those suits and hats and trench coats.  I miss those days.  And the colors and paterns - Every time I watch this show I just wish we dressed like that now.  So tired of "casual" all the time everywhere you go.  Just stunning!

Respected Contributor

Awesome photos of the upcoming season!  I am a huge fan too! Thanks for sharing! 💝💝💝