Respected Contributor

If anyone is interested, 'Marty" with Ernest Borgnine and Betsy Blair is on TCM tonight at 6 p.m. ET. There's a pretty good lineup following, also.

Honored Contributor

I loved that movie!  The scene between the two Italian women is the most real scene of an Italian American conversation ever.  Smiley Very Happy  He was such a great guy too.  Incredibly nice.  

Honored Contributor

IMO, Marty is a great movie and Ernie nails it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Seen it way too many times already. Nice to see Jerry Paris and Frank Sutton in it too. 

Honored Contributor

Quiz Show!

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I loved that movie!  The scene between the two Italian women is the most real scene of an Italian American conversation ever.  Smiley Very Happy  He was such a great guy too.  Incredibly nice.  

@Laura14 - I agree about that scene between the two Italian sisters.  It is amazing that back then women in their 50's who were widows thought their life was over.  How times have changed.  I love this movie.

Honored Contributor

As I have stated many times in the entertainment posts, my aunt used to take me to the movies often in the fifties when I was a young girl.  Marty was one of the movies I saw when it came out. I remember feeling very sad for Marty during the movie.  Ernest Borgnine was excellent as Marty and deserved the Oscar, he did capture the character superbly!

Respected Contributor

I have it on now. It's a great movie that conveys the human spirit.

Respected Contributor

Wonderful movie, a snapshot of a simpler time, yet the

human emotions stay the same.

Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

As I have stated many times in the entertainment posts, my aunt used to take me to the movies often in the fifties when I was a young girl.  Marty was one of the movies I saw when it came out. I remember feeling very sad for Marty during the movie.  Ernest Borgnine was excellent as Marty and deserved the Oscar, he did capture the character superbly!

---------------

I have seen this movie many times and always feel so sad for the Marty character.  Such a good story about humanity!!