Honored Contributor

8:00 p.m. ET

I've seen it so many times I'm not going to watch it again.

Honored Contributor

One of my favorites.  A simple, true to life film with a perfect EB.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

One of my favorites.  A simple, true to life film with a perfect EB.

@kaydee50   Tova thinks so too!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

This is getting to be a real problem for me with TCM, they are repeating the same movies way too often, Marty being one of them, love it, but enough is enough. 

Respected Contributor

The last time I "watched" this movie I was doing housework & laundry, so it was just playing as background. I really like this movie, so I'll be watching tonight. Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

Can't even think of the film "Marty" that I do not think of the film "Quiz Show".

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Can't even think of the film "Marty" that I do not think of the film "Quiz Show".

@Group 5 minus 1   So odd that you mention that.  Just last night I was thinking about Quiz Show and how fantastic John Turturro is in that film.  I haven't thought about that film in a long time, so it's funny you mention it on the Marty thread, although I certainly see how it comes to mind!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
I saw it was on tonight. Will probably watch even though I’ve seen it many times.
Honored Contributor

My aunt always used to take me to the movies and I saw many great ones at a very young age.  Marty was one of them.  I have to admit I didn't always understand what was going on in the movie because of my age but I remember feeling sadness as I watched Marty and being hopeful at the end.  Of course I have seen Marty many times since and it is a realistic piece of life, something many can relate to especially at the time it was made.  Great watch!

Esteemed Contributor

I'll be watching again, even though I have seen it so many times.  EB was perfect in that role.   Have to admit - growing up in an Italian-American family those lines about "when are you going to get married" brought back memories!!