Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart to join Chopped as a regular panel judge.

@shaggygirl wrote:

Chopped is one of my all time favorite shows. Love it. Watch it a whole lot. Not all that keen on having Martha be a permanent judge. She knows her way around a kitchen pretty good no doubt but I personally prefer the judging continue to be done by professional chefs.

@shaggygirl  I'll take picky Martha over some of the professionals I've seen.  She ran a catering business back in the 1980's and has been involved with food since, so I trust her taste more in a way because she has seen food trends come and go over the decades and I think may have a better sense of what people really enjoy rather than restaurant foods presentations and trends that a chef might focus on. 

Valued Contributor

Not really a fan of Martha. Who will she be replacing? Not a religious viewer of

Chopped but I do watch now & then

cookin

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

Not really a fan of Martha. Who will she be replacing? Not a religious viewer of

Chopped but I do watch now & then

cookin

Not a fan either, I find her to be very condescending.  

I also wondered if she was replacing someone or was going to be in addition too.

Well, at least they didn't choose Valerie Bertinelli.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

At age 76 she really looks amazing

@SeaMaiden  She has absolutely no excuse for not looking amazing, LOL, has the best of everything. Smiley Happy

That is not true.  She was born pretty... and was a model in her youth.... you can not fix ugly or plain jane and become  beautiful. Martha  is just naturally lovely.  Maybe a tweek here and there( which she can afford), but really it is just her natural beauty that shows at age 76.

Joan Rivers was never really pretty and all the money and surgery in the world could not fix that.  She ended up looking very odd and unattractive. Nothing left of the original Joan. 

Honored Contributor

Chopped has been run to death and is an old and tired show, they needed to do something to "spice" it up and adding Martha was a good choice.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I agree - good move. 

I used to watch Chopped and at some point, as I tend to do sometimes, I got bored with it and stopped watching.  Probably not the show as much as it was just me.  I get like that.

Martha should be good on this show.    Years ago (before she went to prison) I really had absolutely no interest in her.   I didn't hate her or anything.  I don't waste 'hate' like that, anyway.  But I just was not at all a fan.

I cannot tell why but in the last couple/few years, I like her.  I really like her.   Not something crazy, but I find her most enjoyable now.  Smiley Happy   Her show with Snoop Dog is pretty funny, too.  They are quite the pair.  Smiley Very Happy