Trusted Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart - New TV Series

I will not be watching.  Can think of better things to do with my time.  The Food Network shows everything except how to cook shows.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@northiie57 wrote:

I'd rather see a Martha competition show than another Guy, Buddy, Valerie, or Duff competition show.....go Martha!

@northiie57 

I'm with you.  It used to be on the wkends they would repeat WCA, and other "specials" from the week before but now it's all DDD & GGG at least 3x a week and then Chopped on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  The only day that is different is 9-11 pm on Sunday and Monday  8-11 pm I think.  But I do like Valerie's competion shows and not her other one which I'm not sure if it's on anymore.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the early Martha shows.  I used to subscribe to her Food Magazine for about 2 years.

I've also picked up a few of her cookbooks at Half Price Books.

I won't be interested in this show but I have to hand it to Martha-she just keeps on keeping on no matter what comes her way.

Food Netword has become a joke, though.  Gone are the days of real instructions on how to actually cook and bake.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

This show is not entertaining.

I flip to Martha's teaching segment and then I"m out.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I have lost interest - do like Martha but this show just isn’t doing it for me not bothering to watch  finale   - disappointing for me.

Honored Contributor

I used to like Alton Brown and his explanations as to why ingredients work the way they do and the history of certain foods.

Sorry I digress.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I've seen promos for this and it looks awful, and Martha looks really uncomfortable in it. The promo.made me think Msrtha has sunk to a new low and will stoop to anything to be on TV/make money.👎
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree its trying to be the British Baking Show but not up to par with the British version.....BUT STILL, at least its something different than Guy's Grocery Games or Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives, or endless Chopped Episodes, or Beat Bobby Flay ----all of these shows have been run into the ground..😴ZZZZZZ.

Being outside is an interesting twist, but all the bees flying around is painful to watch...its amazing no one got stung or maybe they edited it out....And I dont like to see the bees crawling on the food thats going to be sampled either....

Martha's part is very minor, the other judges are more involved......I guess Martha's tips with the contestants is the highlight of the show.......I dont understand how the guy whose food is always undercooked is still there.....?!?!?!?!

I concur that the Food Network has really gone down the tubes....wish they had more actual cooking instruction shows during prime time....They do have some on Saturdays and reruns in late afternoon....I think Im watching more shows on Create/PBS than on the Food Network....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I guess I'm the only one who watched all four episodes. Great to see Nate make it to the end and be the finalist. All those wedding cakes were quite tasty looking. But the rain coming down was quite a surprise, even for Martha. I think her farm is in Connecticut.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I guess I'm the only one who watched all four episodes. Great to see Nate make it to the end and be the finalist. All those wedding cakes were quite tasty looking. But the rain coming down was quite a surprise, even for Martha. I think her farm is in Connecticut.

@World Traveler  I forgot to watch the last episode! Oh, her farm is in NY.