Trusted Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart - New TV Series

I like her but cannot stand the competition shows.  I will be giving this a pass.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone watch the first episode of four last night? I did and I enjoyed it. Basically, it is similar to any other baking competition. The six contestants were fun to watch. 

Martha played a minor role in the scheme of things. She meets them and the first half of the show they had to make a unique version of S'Mores. Two professional cooks were the judges. The winner of this task got to spend one-on-one time with Martha in her kitchen where she gave that person tips for the next contest.

Since it is an outdoor contest, they had to deal with the elements....heat made some of the items not stand up as well and there were bees going for the food. 

The second half of the show Martha joined the other judges to decide the winner.

Three more episodes.

Respected Contributor

I like Martha, but don't get the Food channel. So I'll just have to enjoy reruns of Martha Bakes and her old talk/cooking show.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Martha is so talented; this new show seems way beneath her.  I enjoy her baking and cooking shows on PBS. 

Esteemed Contributor

I usually watch the shows that Food Network has on at that time, so it was kind of in my schedule. I don’t think it was any worse than any of the others, but I prefer the Baking Championship shows better - no matter which season or with kids.

I have always loved Carla Hall, so happy to see her on it.
Valued Contributor

I don't have Food Network now that I switched to streaming tv.  Does anyone know if she's coming back to the Q.  I think the quality of her clothes were excellent.  I have two tops that I wish she'd bring back.  Sigh.

Respected Contributor

I love all the baking specials on FN.  Martha Stewart is fine.  That one woman Kela was crying at meeting her.  Get a grip woman.  LOL.

I'm watching also because Catherine Foley is an employee of the FBI where I used to work.  I put out a feeler on their FB page to see if anyone knows her or where she works.  Should could be assigned to a local field office too. 

Contributor

I heard she makes one of the best brownies ever. I wonder what her ingredients are though?

Honored Contributor

What I don't understand about the show is that they are out in a meadow area, not far from Martha's farm, and if they are given the task to make something, how does the buyer of the food or the contestant themselves know what to have on hand for ingredients? 

I see ovens, stoves, refrigerators, but there must be more time between getting the task and then actually putting it together than what it looks like. It's not like one of the cooking shows I watched years ago (can't remember the name) and all the ingredients they were allowed to use were the same and waiting for them to use; it was how they used them that made each finished product different.

This show allows them to do whatever they want under a certain theme, and they are given a time limit, like one hour, to come up with something special. No time to shop. Hmmmm.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Martha.  That being said, I watched only part of the show.  I didn't like that it took place outside that they had to deal w/the weather elements and then one contestant got to go to Martha's house to learn some techniques.  Not much to that at all.

I probably won't be watching any more.