Esteemed Contributor

This is a new reality show on Lifetime. It started tonight. It is very difficult to understand some of these wealthy people. A man is 60 years old and living with a 21 year old. She is a hostess at a restaurant. Another women is 37 and dating her daughter's friend who is 23. Another is a wealthy woman (44) dating a man who is in construction and is 38. He lives with his parents. They have been dating for 6 months. Finally, a young girl who is dating a man twice her age. She refuses to reveal how they met. 

I just was scrolling through the channels and happened to see this show. It peaked my curiosity. I found it intriguing.

Honored Contributor

I have this recorded to watch!  Another one of those what I call "train wreck" shows that I know I shouldn't waste time on but I have to watch!  Just like Dance Moms and Married at First Sight!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Or Mama June and Honey Boo Boo LOL

Honored Contributor

I started watching it because it came on right after Married at First Sight, which I was only half watching.  

I ended up falling asleep.  The hostess with the 60 yo is gross.  You aren't going to tell me she would be with that guy if he wasn't loaded.   

Respected Contributor

I've heard it said that if you marry for money, you earn every dime.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I started watching it because it came on right after Married at First Sight, which I was only half watching.  

I ended up falling asleep.  The hostess with the 60 yo is gross.  You aren't going to tell me she would be with that guy if he wasn't loaded.   

Think back to when you were 21,  could you imagine yourself with someone 40 years older.  At no age could I picture myself with someone 40 years older than myself.  I guess she's a member of the Gold Diggers club?

Honored Contributor

"Think back to when you were 21, could you imagine yourself with someone 40 years older."

There are a few rare exceptions.........

Gary Grant @ 61 yrs & wify Dyan Cannon @ 28 yrs when this photo was taken:  article-2046708-01F8C2290000044D-840_468x455.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I am hooked on the 90 day finance shows and the married at first site but I think on this I will have to pass.  That old guy with the young girl is just too creepy for me.  Also the millionare realtor who cannot find a better guy...the rest I don't even remember.

Honored Contributor

I did watch the first showing and I enjoyed it!  It will be interesting to see who, if any of them, actually do end up getting married.  Also, some of them probably do genuinely have feelings for their partners and some of them -- well, I'm sure the $$$ and/or the youth and looks had a lot to do with it.  

When I was watching, I was thinking --- would this particular wealthy older man be interested in a hostess if she were his age?  Doubtful.  Would the very young man who was a friend of the wealthy mom's daughter be so interested in her if she were very poor?  Doubtful.  The young woman who seems very protected, would she be so enthralled and enamoured with the older guy if he were not so rich and forbidden by her parents?  Doubtful.  I'm not saying that some still wouldn't be, but.........

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I've heard it said that if you marry for money, you earn every dime.

LOL....my Mom use to say that a lot.....but then she also would say that "it's just as easy to fall in love with a rich man as a poor one". Mixed messages but both so true.