Respected Contributor

Married at first site and the MAFS in Australia

I thought it was interesting how different Bobby seems now than the year he was on the show with Danielle.  Back then he was quiet and laid back and it seemed Danielle was running the show. Now it seems quite the opposite.  Do men change after marriage (mine sure did) or did they film it so that it put her in a different light.... It just seems he has a different personality now.  She seems the same.

Also my dvr started recording MAFS in Australia.  Kind of different.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Married at first site and the MAFS in Australia

I'm sure that the shows do not show all of the people in their true light and so much is edited to make the stories more interesting.  I agree with you that Bobby seemed much more reticent and Danielle seemed very bossy.  Perhaps part of it is just them getting a bit older and also progressing in their marriage.  And the fact that Danielle now has a baby to focus on.  Plus. she is no longer working and is staying at home.  So, Bobby might feel more in control and more like the provider and and true head of the household now, the way he really seemed to want to in the first place.

As for the show in Australia, it is quite interesting --- I like it!  I like the way they just went right into it and didn't waste time.  Also, I think there will be a lot of fireworks with this bunch!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

It surprised me in the Australia MAFS that the couples were matched with people with children.   When children are involved I think they should tell them that their future spouse has two year old twins,  5 teenagers etc. before the wedding so they are mentally prepared or can back out.   I like children but I dated and married a man with children and that is a huge deal even when you know and love the man... the marriage is not just you and the spouse.  It is now you, spouse, their ex and the children.  It is a lot...

Honored Contributor

I started a thread on the MAFS Australia one.  This is why I don't  usually start threads here.   Lesson learned.

ITA that the thing about having kids absolutely needs to be dealt with up front not only in it being disclosed but a part of a match.   I'm surprised this went the way it did.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that Bobby does act very differently now and it is odd to me that Danielle completely changed her mind about having children and not working.  I'm wondering could it be that we were not seeing the true people at the beginning.

As far as the Australian group, I think that they did a great job at matching people up as there seemed to be some very good reactions when they saw each other.  I felt sorry for the lady with the children that missed them and also for the lady with her skin. I did think that the the experts did a better job than here but I do agree that the children should not come as a surprise as there is enough to contend with without having to deal with the kiddies too.

I also thought the brides were lovely and a couple were gorgeous and also looked beautiful in their gowns with a figure I wish I had. I wish them all luck and hope it works out for them. The guys seem really nice too.