Respected Contributor

KInd of boring this year even with the Mia and Tristan story line.  It looks like a lot of spin offs like Honeymoon Island and the pregnancy follow up.....I am starting to think the Bobby and Danielle story is weird.  I don't see how you can have things that smooth and Bobby got defensive when Dave kind of suggested there had to be things that bothered him a little.  There are people that are going to defend their decision no matter what.  If I told my husband not to use a certain recipe because I could tell by the ingredients it would not be good and he cooked it anyway, he would eat it and say it is good just because he does not want to be wrong.  I had a boss that if she picked the person we were hiring, that person could burn the place down and she would defend them because she did not want the decision she made to be wrong.  I am wondering if Bobby is that way....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Married at first sight.....

@chiclet I agree. Boring. Tristan is a bully, IMO. I would have wished him to the cornfield after two weeks. I really like Dave and believe he deserves better. Amber, although lovely, will be high maintenance forever. I think Bobby does too much and some day will be resentful. Danielle should have scrapped the fostering idea until she and Bobby had some time to "honeymoon".

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

It's interesting that we really never see what happens with Mia and Tristan.  We see snippets, then hear their take.  Was he supposed to be driving the entire time he was playing with his water bottle.

All 6 people have serious issues.  Why else would they need to turn to reality TV to find a spouse?

Bobby loves Amber like he loves his parents and siblings?

They all need to divorce.

Honored Contributor

Mia and Tristan  were destined from the beginning to fail... Their marriage started on a cover up and a lie... I do think Mia has mental issues with stalking and worry about people leaving her.    She just seems  mentally  unstable... and Tristan seems like he wants everything His way.... that in itself is a recipe for failure.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even if Dave and Amber agree to stay married, I don't think it will last very long.  He's very cerebral and judgemental with a rigid view of "best way".  His apartment is devoid of warmth other than the art on the wall.  No anchors on the floor which makes the entire space free floating and would make me feel a little unsettled, no wonder Amber feels she isn't "home".  That said, he's extremely attractive and has a smile that is extremely warm.  If she can bring some warmth into the rest of his life, lighten up his rigid expectations, and some of her own, they might make a go of it. 

I think he's too disappointed in her in ways he won't say and that she won't be able to change.  He may need a woman who is out of his league, someone he has to scramble for approval.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

Even if Dave and Amber agree to stay married, I don't think it will last very long.  He's very cerebral and judgemental with a rigid view of "best way".  His apartment is devoid of warmth other than the art on the wall.  No anchors on the floor which makes the entire space free floating and would make me feel a little unsettled, no wonder Amber feels she isn't "home".  That said, he's extremely attractive and has a smile that is extremely warm.  If she can bring some warmth into the rest of his life, lighten up his rigid expectations, and some of her own, they might make a go of it. 

I think he's too disappointed in her in ways he won't say and that she won't be able to change.  He may need a woman who is out of his league, someone he has to scramble for approval.

Good analysis, @Free2be.  I found him off-putting from the start.

Respected Contributor

Eight weeks is not enough time to know if you will have a happy life together or are completely compatible.  However it is enough time to fall in love.  After all you are living together all that time not just a week end date.  I can tell Dave is not in love with Amber. The only guy in love is Bobby.  Daniell is very cocky right now.  I guess with a nice guy like Bobby so in love with her she is feeling pretty special.....I know these shows edit to make it look a certain way.  Dave said that it does not show all the times he gave her flowers etc etc.  Also I imagine the participants know they are being filmed so they also act for the cameras...