Respected Contributor

Married at first sight ...what do you think?

I cannot imagine why Bobby had a hard time finding someone.  He is cute as can be, financially responsible, and seems to be very nice and intelligent.  What more could you want.   Danielle however is a little strange.  I think I with a full time job, new husband, and spending 3 hours a day driving, and two dogs (her dog and Bobbys dog) I would have given up fostering for a while.  That is so unfair that he has to do all the cleaning etc.  If she was still single how would she have done all that cleaning after the dogs with being gone all day.  That is her passion not his.  Plus messing up his floors.  I have three house dogs and they are a lot of work even being trained. Plus coming in with all that debt.

As for Amber and her husband, I can see why they were single so long.  He is quite picky and critical.  Amber is a little weird too.  I understand eating out and not cooking but not being able to get a simple meal together at her age seems a little strange and to get upset over smashing garlic.....I just cannot imagine her having a child with all the crisis you have almost every day.

As for Mia and Tristine I am not sure.  They seem like they are very comfortable with each other.  They both are likeable.  I think being away from her family would be a good thing.  

If there is one thing I know for sure after several marriages is that it takes a while for the true person to emerge and when they do and it is not the person you thought you married, run like the wind because people do not really change.  They may change their ways to keep you happy for a while and keep peace but the true self always emerges and you cannot change it.  That attraction and love keeps you crazy for a while that wears off.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Married at first sight ...what do you think?

My honest response is that I think all of them seem very “normal,” sane, and nice EXCEPT Mia. I can’t get over her lies related to the arrest warrant. If I were Tristan, I would have taken off at that point and never looked back!! 

I am am really hopeful that the other two couples will make it. They seem well suited. I have a hunch, though, that Amber and her husband might not end up together. I think Bobby and his wife will....

But, who knows? Right? 

Respected Contributor

I agree that Bobby is a good catch.  He's a super nice guy and they often get overlooked on the dating scene.  I think he loves Danielle for HER and she is in it for all that Bobby can do for her.  Maybe she will fall in love with him over time. 

Dave and Amber, two trainwrecks!  Maybe they can make it work?

Tristan and Mia - Tristan should have gotten out the very first day when she got arrested.  That girl is BAD NEWS from the get go.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that Danielle and Bobby are enjoying being together and having fun. That said, if Danielle doesn't break out of her comfort mode and TELL Bobby how she feels, she may lose him. He absolutely adores her and will do anything for her., but if he doesn't get some feedback that it is appreciated, he will (or should) stop trying. I do think this couple stands the best chance of a real relationship.

Amber and Dave are just too much. I know it is all in how it is edited, but, seriously, the editors must really hate Amber to make her look like she is such a neurotic insecure mess. I think Dave seems pretty normal and mature - he is dealing with a basketcase and when he talks about her "dark days" - come on - who would want to put up with that??? It is very clear, even from the first show, that all she wants is a baby, and to be able to pack her clothes in an extra suitcase. She is incredibly high maintenance and nothing Dave can do will ever be enough to assure her that he likes her or is attracted to her. I hope he bails.

I think, by now, most people watching have seen the news about Mia and Tristan. Not sure how it plays out, but she is just weird. She is being nice to him so he will stay with her. Moving away from her family would be a good move, but she is just not trustworthy.

This is the first season I have watched this show - not sure if I will watch again. But, I am sure going to see this season through to the end.

Esteemed Contributor

Never watched the program.  Title caught my eye.  I was married at first sight.  Now 52 years later we are still here. I feel so blessed.  

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I cannot imagine why Bobby had a hard time finding someone.  He is cute as can be, financially responsible, and seems to be very nice and intelligent.  What more could you want.   Danielle however is a little strange.  I think I with a full time job, new husband, and spending 3 hours a day driving, and two dogs (her dog and Bobbys dog) I would have given up fostering for a while.  That is so unfair that he has to do all the cleaning etc.  If she was still single how would she have done all that cleaning after the dogs with being gone all day.  That is her passion not his.  Plus messing up his floors.  I have three house dogs and they are a lot of work even being trained. Plus coming in with all that debt.

I find Danielle to be very imature, clueless and rather irritating.   I do not see what he likes about her... She has no personality. Very very needy. She is not the sharpest knife in the drawer that is for sure....

Honored Contributor

I agree about Bobby.  He is very cute, very responsible, sweet, kind, giving.  He is a nice guy (seemingly any way) and nice guys often get taken advantage of.  He seems thoroughly smitten with Danielle.  It appears that he is doing the majority of everything while she sits back and smiles and just accepts it all while he is being run rugged.  He needs to put his foot down.  Not in a mean way, but just state - this needs to be more equitable.  And the dogs --- no sense in this at all.  This is her venture -- she needs to take the majority of the responsibility fo this.  Also, she better be more verbal and demonstrative with him as he is putting himself totally out there and open. 

Amber seems like a real nut job.  She picks apart every little thing.  I believe most people get set in their ways the older they get.  And Dave seems like a very successful individual who is used to having things a certain way.  However, I do think he is trying his hardest and is very patient with her.  I don't think there are many men that would put up with Amber's constant behavior.  

Tristin and Mia.  Oh, my.  He seems like a nice guy.  She, on the other hand --- was deceptive from the very start.  I do not trust her at all.  I don't believe this whole thing with the arrest at the airport was ever fully explained or sorted out.  More to this story.  I believe in giving people a chance but really, I would have walked if I were him. There was no history there.  Move on. Bye-bye!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Regular Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Never watched the program.  Title caught my eye.  I was married at first sight.  Now 52 years later we are still here. I feel so blessed.  

How interesting.    Was yours an arranged marriage?