Respected Contributor

Re: Married at first sight January 2020 - spoilers possible

If these are the best of the thousands that applied, I cannot imagine what they turned down.   

Trusted Contributor

I am guessing that many of the people who do apply are more real looking and not reality tv attractive, so that's why theyhave to go to the dating apps to recruit the ones they pick. As we mentioned last year, there was no need for Iris or her husband to just apply the normal way. This year, I think the women are more average looking, but I think that Zach was recruited, as was Michael, and probably Brandon. And Taylor was, too.

Respected Contributor

They all signed contracts seems some of the boys either walked out or not living in the apt. Hope they don't get paid or maybe production told them to do it, who knows. I call them boys because that is what they are. This is the worse season ever. Brandon doesn't want cameras in his face, zach doesn't want to live with Mindy and don't forget liar Michael. You got to laugh but they should be penalized breaking the contract. Taylor & Meka are a mess too but they are honoring their contract hanging in there. Do I like them NO. Oh Mindy forgot her, she will do anything to keep Zach. Mindy is too needy. They all have a 2 bedroom apt so just live there till the show is over.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

If these are the best of the thousands that applied, I cannot imagine what they turned down.   

@chiclet  I think some are selected to create drama! Just like all the bachelor and bachelorette shows.  

Valued Contributor

So they touched on Mindy's Douche Bag cheating with her Best Friend...I think People's Couch will be tonight.

I usually just watch that.

Monke~

Esteemed Contributor

@Monketoes, Couple's Couch is on Friday night at 9.  It should be a really good one.  IMO the friend is extremely sketchy, too, and unless this was a set-up for drama, I would never trust her again.  Being a best friend, if he were to contact me, my first call would be to Mindy for input on how she wanted me to handle it.   Her involvement as a best friend is far more worriesome than the sketch husband she's known for a month.

Honored Contributor

Did Mindy find out from Zach WTH he was talking about when he told her to think really hard about what she had been dishonest about?

There's really something wrong with him and her to for sticking around.

I fell asleep before it was over last night.

Honored Contributor

OMG, I'm such an idiot!  I was reading the current posts on this thread and wondering what the heck you all were talking about.

Then I looked in 'My Shows' and see that there was an episode recorded last night. D'oh!    Time goes by so fast lately that I simply cannot keep up.  Smiley Embarassed

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Monketoes, Couple's Couch is on Friday night at 9.  It should be a really good one.  IMO the friend is extremely sketchy, too, and unless this was a set-up for drama, I would never trust her again.  Being a best friend, if he were to contact me, my first call would be to Mindy for input on how she wanted me to handle it.   Her involvement as a best friend is far more worriesome than the sketch husband she's known for a month.

@Wsmom, again, I agree with you.  I realize that Mindy was upset and rightfully so.  She needed to talk to someone about her feelings and what he and her friend did. 

However, I wish she would've contacted one of the pros and reached out to her friend to request that they get together for lunch, or coffee, etc.  That way, she could've seen how her reaction was to her questions in person.  One can't see how someone reacts by phone unless they are face timing which I don't believe she did.

Off topic, many years ago, I had a very close friend who knew I had a major crush on a guy that I wanted to go out with.  I was working at a bank as a teller; he came in and asked me out on a date.  I was ecstatic and of course, shared it with her.  That night, he never called (no cell phones back then) or showed up.  Of course, I called her to talk.  Her mother answered and told me she was on a date and when I asked her with who, she told me his name.  Yep, it was the guy who asked me out.  She betrayed me and it really hurt.

They ended up living together for awhile and he got nasty mean and they broke up.  When I saw her, she told me what happened and told me how lucky I was that I didn't go out with him.  Trust me, it was difficult to have any sympathy for her.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, not from him, but I read somewhere her so called liar BF  told him Mindy was bulimic!!!

Something she would have needed to tell him herself, but that would be ONLY when she felt Safe and Comfortable with him, which- Forget That One!

Monke~