Honored Contributor

Re: Married at first sight January 2020 - spoilers possible

@Lisa now in AZ 

I loved every last word that you wrote!  Perfect!!!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

For some reason I assumed last night's 'Where are They Now?' episode was going to be about the current crop, so I was surprised that it was about the couples from the previous 9 seasons.

But it was pretty good, over all, anyway.    

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched parts of it when there were people I knew. That was so weird with Amber and Jerky Matt. I read that in NC, he doesn't even need to sign divorce papers, so the whole thing about them still being married was just strange. I think she is still trying to play the victim and he is still being a total jerk.

And Danielle didn't look anything like I remembered her looking from their season. But, they seem to have a nice life. But, the thing I never expected was that Jamie and Elizabeth would still be together and seemed to be happy.

Don't plan to watch the Australian version coming up. They look like a worse trainwreck than the shows we have.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, some crazy stuff.    Geez, Matt - she just wants the divorce and isn't trying to get anything from him.  I wonder why he's being such a d!ck about it.   That was awful.  I always liked her and felt badly for what she had to go through - very similar to a couple of them from this season.

I didn't recognize a couple of them right away, either.   I think there was either one or two seasons that I quit early on, though. 

ITA about Elizabeth and Jamie.  They are two peas in a pod, though, but the volatility was what I figured would kill the relationship at some point.  If they're happy, good on them.  I hope they stay happy.

Of course, A & A and Daniel & (forgot his name-sorry) seem to be doing well, so I'm glad for that.  Glad Jamie and Doug are having their little boy!  They've gone through a lot.

Trusted Contributor

I think Jamie is very pretty and I liked her with the dark hair at the beginning. I felt sorry for her husband at that time as she did not seem to like him but they sure do look happy together now so I am happy for them. I am surprised that Elizabeth and Jaime are together as they did not seem to get along well enough to stay together. The drama may have been caused by the show. I had forgotten about AJ so I was glad to see them still together. 

Esteemed Contributor

I caught 'Where Are They Now" about halfway into the show and it wasn't airing again until next week! But I just found it on Lifetime's website and caught up --

https://play.mylifetime.com/shows/married-at-first-sight/season-10/episode-82

The couples that worked out- worked out great! I was still sad  that Courtney and Jason divorced- but she seems to be in a good place now. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ   I agree about the upcoming Austrailian version.  I won't be watching either.  I don't care to watch a gay couple (JMHO and I am entitled to have one) and also the preview had so many bleeped out words that you couldn't make out a complete sentence.  NOT my cup of tea or choice for entertainment.  Maybe the the U.S. versions are tamer.  @Annabellethecat66   will be thrilled. She was hoping for this.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

The reason I spoke up about a gay couple is because there are so many these days.

I used to tell my gay friends, "I think it's only right that you should be able to marry.  Why not allow gays to be able to experience the same pain, frustration, expense and everything involved that straight couples get to experience when separating or getting a divorce. Why let only straight couples experience all of it.  Ha!

I asked one (a friend's son) why do gays seem to yell it from the roof-top?  You don't hear straight people going around saying, "I'm heterosexual".  He said, "maybe because we had to keep it hidden or quiet for so long, we are now proud to admit it". Made sense to me.

I really do get very tired of what seems like unnecessary displays of affection.  I have asked friends if I'm being overly sensitive in my observation that gay couples show more over the top displays of affection than straight people.

The majority said (paraphrasing), "Well, maybe they're just happier and more in love than the straight couples."

I don't want to see any couples (no matter who) kissing all on each other constantly.  It gets old and boring.

I will admit that I've never cared for kissing. I've always found it rather boring and unnecessary.  I mean...why not get to the point.  Hummm??

If I find the producers (it's usually the producers for excitement) constantly showing the gays and/or the straight couples kissing all on each other and eluding to sexual behavior, I'll part with this show.

I'm not a prude, I just don't enjoy it (much to my late husband's chagrin.....he loved to kiss)...and I rather not waste my viewing time on it.