Esteemed Contributor

Re: Married at first sight January 2020 - spoilers possible

Agree with all, I totally enjoy Couples Couch. 

I think Katie is just a princess and is probably that way with everybody which is why the other guy bailed.  It seems her dad even realizes that. 

I also agree about the PR shot of Mindy and Zach, although they may still be friends and enjoyed hanging out but there was just no spark for Zach.  I wonder if this has been beneficial for his "brand" or if he has taken heat.

@Ibby114, I think the reason Taylor hasn't walked away is because she was never in it for the marriage.  She is in it for the 15 minutes so this is actually great for her, she gets deat the sympathy card from all her followers.  Honestly in that one Unfiltered show or whatever it is with Jamie Otis, Pastor Cal seems to fawn over Taylor.  Good grief.  Brandon in no way was right, at all, but Taylor's social life never changed and she needed to be called on that, too.  Raise of hands of who believes her story.   Anybody would be furious if their spouse pulled that.  They way Pastor Cal kept telling her she would find someone, blah, blah, I was expecting him to offer himself up.  JMO

I am glad to see Meka and Michael aren't making it.  He is as shady as they come for whatever reason.  She could never trust a word coming out of his mouth.

I read that they are going to do a show following the existing couples where they have cameras on their own.  No idea if this is true.  Some of the existing couples, whom they named, and one couple from this season.  So that makes me believe that Austin and Jessica do make it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Agree with all, I totally enjoy Couples Couch. 

I think Katie is just a princess and is probably that way with everybody which is why the other guy bailed.  It seems her dad even realizes that. 

I also agree about the PR shot of Mindy and Zach, although they may still be friends and enjoyed hanging out but there was just no spark for Zach.  I wonder if this has been beneficial for his "brand" or if he has taken heat.

@Ibby114, I think the reason Taylor hasn't walked away is because she was never in it for the marriage.  She is in it for the 15 minutes so this is actually great for her, she gets deat the sympathy card from all her followers.  Honestly in that one Unfiltered show or whatever it is with Jamie Otis, Pastor Cal seems to fawn over Taylor.  Good grief.  Brandon in no way was right, at all, but Taylor's social life never changed and she needed to be called on that, too.  Raise of hands of who believes her story.   Anybody would be furious if their spouse pulled that.  They way Pastor Cal kept telling her she would find someone, blah, blah, I was expecting him to offer himself up.  JMO

I am glad to see Meka and Michael aren't making it.  He is as shady as they come for whatever reason.  She could never trust a word coming out of his mouth.

I read that they are going to do a show following the existing couples where they have cameras on their own.  No idea if this is true.  Some of the existing couples, whom they named, and one couple from this season.  So that makes me believe that Austin and Jessica do make it.

@Wsmom @Ibby114   I agree with what you both wrote.  Even Katie's dad told her that sometimes she is a lot to take in.  That she gets too intense.  She keeps saying that Derek is immature........I think that is the pot calling the kettle black.  

I read that Zach and Brandon were recruited at the last minute.  I think both of them should have considered it a little harder and read the small print. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Michael has had 3 jobs in 7 weeks - if we can even believe him.  He gave his two week notice for this last job.  WOW beginning a new married life without a job.  I don't think he ever had a job.

Run, Meka, run!!!

Respected Contributor

I do not care for Taylor and haven't since close to the start of this season.  She just thinks she is "all that".  While Brandon has many issues, IMO, she has many also.

As for Katie, even her own father admitted she would scare him when they were at dinner.  Very immature and scarier yet that she is a mental health provider for children (I think).  The scenes with her acting out at the couples retreat were ridiculous.

Run, Derek, run and continue to chase your dreams.  You will never make her happy or even content.

Honored Contributor

I feel super bad for Derek, Meka, and Mindy.

These are three seemingly nice people who really got burned here.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I read that Zach and Brandon were recruited at the last minute.  I think both of them should have considered it a little harder and read the small print. Woman Wink

@tends2dogs - Taylor was also a last minute substitute. Brandon doesn't like the cameras - Hello? What did he expect? He reminds me of Vaughn from the first season. He has always said having the cameras around all of the time got to him. The only place these couples can be totally alone is in the bathroom - when they're not brushing their teeth together that is. Smiley Wink

IMO Katie is spoiled and basically insecure. And she's a mental health professional with CHILDREN??? That scares me. 

Jessica and Austin - Heart

They had to do SOMETHING with them to cause tension, so that's why they're playing up the "I love you" and Austin's traveling all of the time. It reminds me of Danielle and Bobby from the Dallas season. They were perfect too, so they made it seem like he wasn't happy with her financial situation. It's funny - on the wedding day I didn't think they'd make it. He seemed shy, and I thought she just wanted to get married because her twin was. The more I see them together, the happier I am! 

Spoiler
Speaking of that - I think I've posted before that these couples' "homes" are staged for the show. They each have their own places, and can go together if they want, but they come together to "their" apartment for filming on nights and weekends.

I read that Brandon filed for an annulment to the marriage. Apparently they found out Taylor met someone on her honeymoon, and he was able to prove it. 

Zack and Mindy are supposedly friends. He was in it for the publicity and is now in Los Angeles hoping to further his modeling career. (Of course I don't know where he is now since the pandemic.) 

I also read Michael WAS offered an assistant principal's position at a private school after he started filming but he would have to drop the show. He decided not to do that, so lost the job. 
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the Spoiler info, @beach-mom .  Taylor has a look in her eye that screams untruth to me.  I think she is a trouble maker. Assuming that situations aren't staged Woman Wink, I feel that Taylor tried to provoke trouble at the retreat weekend. ......flirting with Derek, speaking with Michael and then relaying it to Meka.  If she met someone on the honeymoon, it is no wonder Brandon acted the way he did.  

I could never do what these people do to find a spouse.  In Zach's defense, if I was up to the altar and wasn't attracted to the guy they picked for me in a physical way, I doubt eight weeks would make a difference.  He was always nice to her, but if it isn't there for you, it isn't.  

I have to admit that since the pandemic, I have wondered about these couples.  This would put a strain on a new couple, but I can see Austin and Jessica doing just fine.  I wonder if she has to go into work being a nurse.

Anyway, I hope all is well with you and yours.  We are hanging in there. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

Thanks for the Spoiler info, @beach-mom .  Taylor has a look in her eye that screams untruth to me.  I think she is a trouble maker. Assuming that situations aren't staged Woman Wink, I feel that Taylor tried to provoke trouble at the retreat weekend. ......flirting with Derek, speaking with Michael and then relaying it to Meka.  If she met someone on the honeymoon, it is no wonder Brandon acted the way he did.  

I could never do what these people do to find a spouse.  In Zach's defense, if I was up to the alter and wasn't attracted to the guy they picked for me in a physical way, I doubt eight weeks would make a difference.  He was always nice to her, but if it isn't there for you, it isn't.  

I have to admit that since the pandemic, I have wondered about these couples.  This would put a strain on a new couple, but I can see Austin and Jessica doing just fine.  I wonder if she has to go into work being a nurse.

Anyway, I hope all is well with you and yours.  We are hanging in there. 

@tends2dogs   In season  one Jamie wasn't attracted to Doug- she was very actually turned off by him! And now they're one of the [few] success stories. Attraction can grow as the 'experts' say, but they need to give it a chance.

There was another season, too-   with Sam and Neil. She wasn't attracted to her husband - but during the season it changed. He felt so insulted by her words & actions during the 8 weeks he wouldn't stay married. 

Honored Contributor

I can't wait for the finale!  I know they add drama and you can't tell from the previews who will stay and who will go because they show everyone sitting apart, everyone looking sad, twisting their rings, and some crying!

The only couple I'm sure of is Austin and Jessica.  The drama in the last episode was made I feel to add a question mark as to their decision.  Austin seems like a great guy and tries very hard to be accommodating, and to be a good husband.  Jessica seems to really love him but she is very pushy and bossy.  The constant thing about saying I love you --- she needed to back off on that.  She should realize --- he will say it when he is good and ready!

Taylor and Brandon --- oh sheesh --- where to go with that?  I originally thought she was great -- beautiful - smart, etc.  But soon found out she seems in it for publicity and is not truthful at all. Yes, Brandon has issues for sure but Taylor posting that hurtful thing on line and then going out and staying out all night ---plus we don't know what else -- that's no way to behave if you want to be married and stay married!  As for those snippets of them cuddling, etc. --- who knows?  Those 2 are a train wreck --- one seems as bad as the other.  They should not be together!

Michael and Meka --- He is a pathological liar!  I am so tired of him using his childhood as an excuse for everything!  And his job situtation --- or lack thereof -- what's with that?  I could never be involved, let alone be married, to a man that lied all the time, could not look me in the eye, and that I simply could not trust!  Poor Meka!  She seems like a lovely person.  Smart, kind, and caring.  She appears very truthful and wants only to be told the truth in return.  She deserves so much better.  No way this can work.

Mandy and Zack --- I would never have let this go on as long as it did.  She tried and tried. He double talked and double talked - said nothing and gave nothing.  He just wanted to be on t.v. for his career and so people could admire his hair, his face and body.  Her telling him it was over, was the best thing she could do.  However, in the previews, it shows them sitting together and being all happy and implyng that they might possibly be together.  I think this was just for drama.  No way could this work.  He told her he had no attraction to her and would not even stay the night with her.  He lied to her and had some kind of relationship with one of her best friends.  How low can you go? Maybe they decided to be friends -- but why?  I'd have nothing to do with him or her so-called friend!  

Katie and Derek --- He is immature but seems very sweet and kind and genuine.  I believe he will given the chance, grow and mature and be a great husband.  Katie is too harsh and demanding and critical.  Her father even said --- are you always like this?  Her father is adorable and seems very sweet!  She should try and be more like him!  Katie must think she is a super model or something --- she is cute -- but her attitude makes her way less attractive.  I personally don't think that Katie will make Derek happy.  Not a good match.  

Should be interesting to see the results! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Imo, Zach & Taylor were using this show to further their acting career. Mindy put up with a lot and hopefully, she will not continue with Zach - she appears so desparate to be married.

Katie - ugh - I think she married to show the guy that left her she is the marrying kind. Poor Derek - he does have some growing up to do and probably will given the time, be a good husband. But, I wish he would stop always apologizing to Katie. Maybe he will wise up and move on.

Brandon & Taylor - if he doesn't like the cameras, he should not have come on the show. Taylor wants a career and I find her unbelievable.

Austin & Jessica (?) if that is her name. I'm sure the drama was for the show, but OMG stop with the whining about his traveling. It is his job. Geesh, my hubby traveled every week for years. Then, he worked for a company that was based out of Denmark - when he had to travel there he was gone for 2-3 weeks.

Meka & Michael - she had better move away from this train wreck. He is a liar and will always be one. Unless he is not divulging his assets because he doesn't want her to know - but Meka is a smart cookie and knows numbers.