Honored Contributor

Married at first sight January 2020 - spoilers possible

OK...here we go.  I will say I wish they’d have had a Gay couple (females first) and a Latino couple.  Let’s mix it up.  Let’s be representative of the world today.

I do wonder what happens to these people’s job reputation.

I wish them all well.

Who’s coming along for the ‘ride’?

I live a few miles from DC, so I’m curious as to where they’re sending them, etc.

The DC area is very fast paced...more so than most cities.

i just had that same conversation yesterday with a beautiful young woman while waiting in line at the grocery store.

She’d just spent the holidays at her grandparent’s house in North Carolina in the country.

She said it took her a few days to slow down and appreciate a slower pace.  Just the traffic was an adjustment.

Then there was ‘closing off her mind about her job’.  There’s so much job competition in this area.  

Most of of the people I know who’ve retired had to move out of the area because it’s very expensive to live here.

All of these people seem very driven...let’s see if they’ve been matched well.

They keep bragging about how many are still married....

Hummmm...we remember all those who are no longer married....

Respected Contributor

Re: Married at first sight January 2020 - spoilers possible

I will be watching !  this is one of my favorite shows. A little concerned about the young lady who's previous boyfriend wants her back now. Will she back out of the wedding ? we should know next week

Respected Contributor

The soon-to-be-groom of the indecisive woman ought to be warned by the professionals and have the option himself to back out or enter into a marriage with someone who is not fully committed to what she signed up for.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I will be watching !  this is one of my favorite shows. A little concerned about the young lady who's previous boyfriend wants her back now. Will she back out of the wedding ? we should know next week

I just started watching this show tonight.  I too am concerned about the girl with the ex boyfriend;  Not sure of all the names yet, I feel bad for the girl whos mom and dad refused to attend the wedding.  I am liking Taylor and Brandon

Honored Contributor

I'm watching - my guilty pleasure! Last season I liked all of the couples, and so far this season I do too. No "inside information" this time! 

So here goes. I found out this show, like other reality shows, is somewhat scripted. No kidding - duh! Smiley Wink

I got sick tonight of Katie talking about her ex-boyfriend, who contacted her right before her wedding and said he loved her. OK - THERE'S the drama we will have this season. IMHO Derek, the Ashton Kutcher lookalike, doesn't deserve that. He seems funny and sweet. So we'll see! I would bet this will be another couple who is "in" on the drama that will happen during their marriage. In no way possible do I believe Derek doesn't know what is going on! 

The others all seem nice. Taylor reminds me of "our" Brenda here at QVC. She's beautiful!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I'm watching - my guilty pleasure! Last season I liked all of the couples, and so far this season I do too. No "inside information" this time! 

So here goes. I found out this show, like other reality shows, is somewhat scripted. No kidding - duh! Smiley Wink

I got sick tonight of Katie talking about her ex-boyfriend, who contacted her right before her wedding and said he loved her. OK - THERE'S the drama we will have this season. IMHO Derek, the Ashton Kutcher lookalike, doesn't deserve that. He seems funny and sweet. So we'll see! I would bet this will be another couple who is "in" on the drama that will happen during their marriage. In no way possible do I believe Derek doesn't know what is going on! 

The others all seem nice. Taylor reminds me of "our" Brenda here at QVC. She's beautiful!  Smiley Happy

Since I am new to this party, is the object of this show to follow the couples after they are married

Respected Contributor

Hummmm...we remember all those who are no longer married....

LOL, yes, they conveniently leave that out! 

So far I like all the couples.  The one "on the fence" will no doubt go through with it, BUT every little perceived flaw in her new husband will be analyzed with the thought of should she have gone with "the one she let get away".  They always show everyone in their best light the first episode.  Then, they start to peel away the ugly layers and fights.  I always wish everyone the very best, as long as they are truly honestly in this to find their true love.

It's refreshing to NOT have all that dialogue from last season's "virginity" story line. 

Trusted Contributor

I am already totally annoyed by Katie and her ex. We have seen wedding photos of all the couples, so we know she goes through with it. I think both Katie and Austin are too immature for this. He needs a haircut and a shampoo! I can't see how she would have had any time to be a child therapist since she must have just recently gotten out of grad school. But if the focus this time is on her and the ex, thenI am out.

I liked Taylor and Brendon (?). She seems fun. 

The men seem more grounded than the women, and I like them so far.

I don't know why they selected the girl (Jesse?) who has an identical twi sister with a baby and that's what she wants, but she is very close to her sister. Isn't that the same issue (well, one of them) that they had with Amber and her twin last time who spoke in high paced twin-speak?

Not sure bout Meka, but her mother is sure gorgeous. Maybe she will be the mother that everyone wanted, like Iris; mother was last time?

That Bachelorette party was ridiculous! Who gives a lap dance to their boss???

Lol - I may have reached my limit for this show. I wonder how long we have to wait until we get to the actual day to day living? I hope they get all the weddings done next week. It looks like they are all getting married at the same hotel? I wonder where they will be living.

Honored Contributor

Was there more than one episode aired last night?  All I got was a one-hour episode where they chose the 5 couples.   

BTW, I think 5 couples is too much.   Seeme like a pretty good group of attractive, successful people.    From just the bit I got to see I wonder a little about the mama's boy guy.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, @chickenbutt, the match show was a 1 hour special match show. Then the real season started with Ep. 1, but most of the introductions made in the matching show were also on the first show. And, the regular shows are now 2 hours. This one had them all telling their families they were getting married in 2 weeks, showed the women picking their gowns, the men picking their tuxes, and all seemed to go to the hotel (not sure if it was the same one) to get ready for the next day's weddings.

The way this show works, you will probably be able to catch up next week, or just watch Ep. 2 and it will most likely have half of Ep. 1 in it.