Trusted Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight

[ Edited ]

I have only been half watching. I have lost a lot of interest in the series.

On the last episode Danielle used the word  romantical 3 times. I kept thinking, is this even a word. She was starting to sound like Popeye.

When I am watching a show and focus on things like this, it tells me I have to move on from the show. Smiley Happy

I know I can check back her at the end of the season to see who stays married.

I googled it, and accordingt to urban dictionary it is not a word.  

From Urban Dictionary: 

A word for idiots. They actually think it's a real word that means something related to being romantic. In fact, it's nothing close to romantic. It's just that these people are so stupid, they actually believe it's a word.
Honored Contributor

For some reason my DVR didn't tape last Thursday's episode so I just started watching it ON Demand this afternoon but I"m not even halfway through.

I really liked Ashley and Anthony together but the more I see, the more I'm thinking she may have a tendency to be a little bit moody or get her feelings hurt easily.  And maybe part of that is because they don't know each other all that well but I couldn't figure out why she would get upset with him for joking about possibly getting annoyed on the ride to Michigan.  He seemed to be clearly joking to me but she seemed to really get her feelings hurt about his comment.  I also agree that she needs to lay off constantly talking about having a baby.  They just got married and barely know each other.  It seems odd she'd be pushing to have a child with someone she doesn't know all that well. 

I don't see Danielle and Cody making it and quite honestly, I don't like them as a couple. I think he's too young and immature and she has the personality of a piece of paper.  They are just blah.  It's the same thing every week with the 2 of them. 

Not sure about Nate and Sheila. When they are good they are good but when they are bad, they are really bad.  Sheila seems to have a tendency to really dig in when she's mad and she doesn't seem very open to communication when she's angry.  The one thing I didn't like was the fact that when she and Nate were having the argument about her male best friend, Sheila commented that she didn't want to have the conversation when the camera was on.   Dr. Pepper then said Sheila wanted to keep things private because of what people might think of them.  Sorry but you signed up for this, knowing it was going to be filmed.  This was voluntary.  Now deal with it.        

Respected Contributor

I don't watch many reality shows but this is my weakness.  The couples this year seem a lot more "normal" than in the past.  They all seem to have careers and good jobs and family.

I feel sorry for Anthony because he will spend his life with Ashley walking on eggshells trying not to make her mad or hurt her feelings.  I think she wants a baby and looking for a willing participant.  

Nate and Sheila are both big personalities and when its good its good and when its bad its real bad.

Cody is such a nice guy but so whiney.  Danielle is just going through the motions to get the show over. 

These are just my opinions.  It could change by the end.  They show you what they want to show so you never really know what might be really going on.

Respected Contributor

I just started watching this season and missed the first couple of shows. Can someone tell my why Nate's brother lives with them?

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

I just started watching this season and missed the first couple of shows. Can someone tell my why Nate's brother lives with them?

@DJs mom, I don't know the exact reason why but he was living with Nate prior to the marriage.  It seems from comments made that Nate took him under his wing to help him keep his life in order and keep him on the straight and narrow.  I'm not sure why he doesn't live with his mom or dad though.  I don't think that was ever addressed.

Nate never divulged that his brother lived with him until he and Sheila were on their honeymoon and talking about where they would be living.  Luckily, Sheila didn't mind at all.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva thank you. On the episode where Nate took Sheila to his hometown they showed his sister at home with his mom, so I was wondering what the deal was with his brother. 

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@DJs mom, I don't know the exact reason why but he was living with Nate prior to the marriage.  It seems from comments made that Nate took him under his wing to help him keep his life in order and keep him on the straight and narrow.  I'm not sure why he doesn't live with his mom or dad though.  I don't think that was ever addressed.

Nate never divulged that his brother lived with him until he and Sheila were on their honeymoon and talking about where they would be living.  Luckily, Sheila didn't mind at all.

Respected Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

I don't watch many reality shows but this is my weakness.  The couples this year seem a lot more "normal" than in the past.  They all seem to have careers and good jobs and family.

I feel sorry for Anthony because he will spend his life with Ashley walking on eggshells trying not to make her mad or hurt her feelings.  I think she wants a baby and looking for a willing participant.  

Nate and Sheila are both big personalities and when its good its good and when its bad its real bad.

Cody is such a nice guy but so whiney.  Danielle is just going through the motions to get the show over. 

These are just my opinions.  It could change by the end.  They show you what they want to show so you never really know what might be really going on.

@chiclet, boy do I agree about Cody's whining.  Again, do some of you not recall him wanting to "slow things down" when the honeymoon was ending before they came home? If he would have said that to me, it would make me wonder too; by seeing Danielle's face, it was clear she had no idea where that came from.  IMO, Cody is just too immature for this whole thing.  

I recall the wedding he was invited to and he rsvd'd "2" people would attend since he knew he would have a wife (before meeting her).  Then when she asks him "when is it"?  he doesn't recall - she asked numerous times and until she had another event that day, he finally gave her the date.

Then there was the night they decided he was going to meet up with some friends so she decided to do the same. She finds him on the couch on his phone telling her he missed the bus and just laid there.  I don't see where he's really mature enough to handle this marriage.

Again, just my 2 cents. 

ETA: @chiclet, I agree with you about Anthony/Ashley.  

Honored Contributor

I have a question and will put a spoiler here in case someone hasn't watched this particular show.

Spoiler
I must have dozed off for a minute.  Regarding David and the one girl -- can't think of her name -- with the dark hair --- who is living with him for a week --- there was something about a loofa bath sponge that flipped her out and there was a big argument or upheaval.  What was this about??  

Also, how about the other girl -- when David asked her to move in together for a week, she refused and then he said I love you to her and she told him she was not in love with him, that she liked him and that she was dropping out.  I never liked her and felt she was not genuine.  Then, since she dropped out, he chose poor Tara.  Second best!  I would be so disgusted, I'd tell him what he could do!  But I don't think she was aware that this happened!  

He is a jerk.  I can't stand him. So immature.  He tells every girl on the show he is falling for them and he can see a life with them.  Oh, please!
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1, the girl he's living with is Isabella (sp?).  The argument started when David must have taken a shower and her loofah fell on the floor of the shower and he didn't pick it up.  At first, I thought it not a big deal, however, the more David went on and on about it, to the point of laughing, I could see her point.  What was important to her (maybe not others), he wasn't getting her point.  They were advised before moving in together to communicate things to one another that bothered each of them.  When she mentioned it, he made light of it.  He totally missed the point IMO.

As for the other girl, I believe Meleka (sp?), never did I think she was there for finding love.  I didn't see her really connecting to him and many times, she just seemed like she was just trying to keep herself from being eliminated from the show - I never got that she was truly interested in a relationship with him.  IMO, he should have eliminated her much earlier.  Even her parents didn't want to meet him and she brought a friend.  When meeting David's mother, she was late and didn't care.  He should have listenened to his mother and said goodbye.

Now we have Isabella and Tara left - both of which I'm sure have no idea that Meleka was his first choice.  I know how I would feel about his choice and now that Meleka has removed herself, if I were the other 2, I'd say "see ya".  

IMO, David is very immature and I agree with you about him telling all of them the same thing - I think he's in love with the idea of being MARRIED, not necessarily in love with any one in particular.  If he chooses any of the 2, I don't see it lasting.  And I do not find him at all attractive in any sort of way - he's very "wishy washy" to me and needs to grow a "pair".

Honored Contributor

AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I have a question and will put a spoiler here in case someone hasn't watched this particular show.

Spoiler
I must have dozed off for a minute.  Regarding David and the one girl -- can't think of her name -- with the dark hair --- who is living with him for a week --- there was something about a loofa bath sponge that flipped her out and there was a big argument or upheaval.  What was this about??  

Also, how about the other girl -- when David asked her to move in together for a week, she refused and then he said I love you to her and she told him she was not in love with him, that she liked him and that she was dropping out.  I never liked her and felt she was not genuine.  Then, since she dropped out, he chose poor Tara.  Second best!  I would be so disgusted, I'd tell him what he could do!  But I don't think she was aware that this happened!  

He is a jerk.  I can't stand him. So immature.  He tells every girl on the show he is falling for them and he can see a life with them.  Oh, please!

I dont' like Melika either.   

Well, I guess it's all been spoiled so I'll just say that I'm glad she left.  I couldn't even believe that David thought she was genuine.  He was clearly thinking with his 'other' brain.   She was just awful.

I remember when she had her friend there, with her and David.  She kept making this smirky face that was just off-putting.    Had he been thinking with his north brain he would have seen right through her.  But, really, having watched him for some time now, I have a feeling that he doesn't EVER think with his north brain.

I'm sure not finding David very genuine either.  He told two girls that they were the one.  What the heck?