Valued Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight - new season

I just watched the 1st 2 episodes ~ and the short preview of the upcoming season is kind of discouraging, right? 

Tears & fights ~ will it be any different this year? 

Such a strange concept ~ and they all seem to have really big families and a whole bunch of friends ~ it kind of makes you wonder why they take this route. 

Respected Contributor

I think these are the most normal couples yet and seem well matched to each other.  However, in real life I am ususally shocked when I get to know someone and meet their spouse or significant other.  They never seem to go together.   I used to work as a receptionist in a lobby of a company.  They would come into the lobby and ask me to let their spouse or boy or girlfriend know they were there to pick them up.  It was never who I thought it might be. 

Respected Contributor

I'm looking forward to tonight's show!  😊

Honored Contributor

@nomless - I did finally watch and will continue this season too. (I commented on the other thread about the other MAFS shows). Like most posters here, I have faith in these couples. They all seemed to be attracted to each other right away. The guys are cute, and the girls are beautiful! 

They will show us the drama, no matter how the couples really feel. They have to make a show out of it! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom, I,too, am taking the drama previews with a grain of salt for now. I understand that for the sake of the show, there needs to be some drama, but it may turn out to be not as significant as the previews suggest. We'll see.

Respected Contributor

DH and I are really enjoying this season.  I do hope that Nate's mom soon comes around.  That scene where they were having dinner? together was ridiculous IMO.  

I'm hoping they all make it and stay together; of course, we'll have to see the drama as many of you have said, but there's "drama" in all marriages.  It's how you work through it.

Honored Contributor

The manufactured drama really annoys me.  I know that drama sells (whatever), but what if everybody got along and we got to see things go well?  Why don't people want to see people be happy?

That's one of my biggest beefs with this, and other shows.   It would be so enjoyable if they would just leave it alone and whatever happens is seen as such.  Leave the good alone.  I guess that doesn't sell.  Smiley Sad

Anyway, as to this new season, it does look promising.   One thing I've wondered is how the two women will feel when they find out that their husbands are 5 years younger.   For me, that wouldn't be a problem at all (BTDT) if he is as mature as these guys seem to be.   I'm hoping that goes well because that shouldn't be a deal-breaker, in and of itself.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

The manufactured drama really annoys me.  I know that drama sells (whatever), but what if everybody got along and we got to see things go well?  Why don't people want to see people be happy?

That's one of my biggest beefs with this, and other shows.   It would be so enjoyable if they would just leave it alone and whatever happens is seen as such.  Leave the good alone.  I guess that doesn't sell.  Smiley Sad

Anyway, as to this new season, it does look promising.   One thing I've wondered is how the two women will feel when they find out that their husbands are 5 years younger.   For me, that wouldn't be a problem at all (BTDT) if he is as mature as these guys seem to be.   I'm hoping that goes well because that shouldn't be a deal-breaker, in and of itself.

@chickenbutt

I think Cody already told Danielle right after the marriage (when they were drinking champagne outside the "chapel") that he was 26. I'm not sure if Nate mentioned it to Sheila yet.

Speaking of Nate, I'm wondering how Sheila is going to feel when she finds out that she'll not only be living with her new husband, but his brother as well. It's going to be hard enough for her to live with one stranger, let alone two. And when is he going to tell her about the living arrangements? 

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum