Respected Contributor

Married at First Sight - new season

[ Edited ]

Did anyone else watch last night?

It looks like the experts may have done better with their matching than last season. I liked all of the participants and their families. It will be interesting to see how things go for them. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight - new season

I watched the both hours.  I liked the way they did it more this year where they discussed, ruled people out and said why and then made decisions.

I think this is the first time I like all of the participants out of the gate.  Of course that could change.  I did really like that one guy who called Dr. Pepper and backed out.  But that was mostly because I loved his dog.  LOL

So far, they all seem like willing and mature individuals.  No one came into it with a bad attitude like in years past. 

I did not care for Sheila's and Nate's fathers.  They were just too much.  Too loud, too obnoxious, too much everything.  They both got on my nerves. 

Ashley is adorable.  She seems nice but we'll see.    

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.  I did not watch but will look for it.

Regular Contributor

I watched the second hour and agree that I like all the couples so far.  They all appeared to like each other too!  HA!  It will be interesting to see how things progress (or decline).

Esteemed Contributor

Not going to waste my time this season.

Trusted Contributor

They all looked like really nice couples who were sincere in wanting to meet someone to marry.  I wish them all luck and hope it works out for them.  My favorite is Ashley and Anthony and I think that their families will get along well. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I watched the both hours.  I liked the way they did it more this year where they discussed, ruled people out and said why and then made decisions.

I think this is the first time I like all of the participants out of the gate.  Of course that could change.  I did really like that one guy who called Dr. Pepper and backed out.  But that was mostly because I loved his dog.  LOL

So far, they all seem like willing and mature individuals.  No one came into it with a bad attitude like in years past. 

I did not care for Sheila's and Nate's fathers.  They were just too much.  Too loud, too obnoxious, too much everything.  They both got on my nerves. 

Ashley is adorable.  She seems nice but we'll see.    

@Lipstickdiva, I also liked the way they did it this year too.  Actually, I was surprised that we got to see them get married on the first episode.  In previous years, they drag it out.

For now, there isn't one participant that seems unlikeable.  As for the 2 fathers, ummmmm, that was a weird scene at the reception.  Just way too over the top.

The thing is that while they all seem to be nice people, once the honeymoon starts, that's when we'll begin to see who we find ourselves liking/disliking.   But I agree, this is the first time for me that none of them seem to have any problems.  I do hope that Nate's mother tries to keep an open mind about his new wife.

Honored Contributor

Sounds interesting!  I have these two episodes waiting for me and hope to get to them soon.    So much tv lately!  I still have a couple of shows from Sunday not yet viewed.    Smiley Happy   

Anyway, it's encouraging to hear some good things about this season.  I had contemplated killing my Pass for this show but I guess I forgot, so it picked up the two episodes from whatever night it was this week and now I will look forward to seeing them.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

Not going to waste my time this season.

Neither am I @qvcaddition.

Kind of glad they moved it to Lifetime and I won't be tempted by the endless marathons of re-runs FYI used to put on.  Lifetime doesn't do that.  

Respected Contributor

I wasn't planning on watching this after last year's disaster but couldn't sleep last night and it was on, so I watched it. 

The couples do seem to be matched better this season, and at least no one felt like they had to back out right before the wedding. Everyone does seem to have chemistry right off the bat. Of course the previews from upcoming episodes show a different light.

I did not like Nate's father at the wedding. First, take the darn hat off! And even though he was joking when he gave his speech, I thought it was inappropriate. I wonder if Nate's mother will ever accept this marriage?

Nate is the only one that I feel is a little too into his wife already. He seems like he might be very possessive and that to me would be a big flag. We shall see what happens. 

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum