Trusted Contributor

Married at First Sight final episode for this group

I was disappointed in the final show as I was hoping they would all stay together even though it did not look good for Tristan and Mia. Dave and Amber I thought sure would stay together but they didn't.  I think that Amber was disappointed and was hoping to reconnect but he seemed like he made up his mind. Bobby and Danielle were a sure thing from the start but I still am wondering about her as she just comes across aloof sometimes and he is just so open with his feelings.  Although Mia has her problems, I think that she really cared for Tristan and I think that Tristan is not really ready for a marriage at this time.  He should take his time.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight final episode for this group

Mia and Tristan were a done deal from week one imo! And if Amber didn't let her insecurities get the best of her she'd be in a different place right now. Dave jsut had enough! You could tell by his expressions and body language in the '3 month later' final show.

Bobby and Danielle are a great match- a true ying and yang !!

Esteemed Contributor

I always thought Dave was a little bit of a jerk, so, although she was sad during the show, it's one of those break-ups that I bet she'll (Amber) look back on and thank her lucky stars that she's not with him.

Mia was terrible! Tristan will look back and feel like he dodged a bullit!

Love Bobby and Danielle. Always thought they were perfect together.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you. I knew Mia had filed for divorce IRL. At first during the show I blamed her, then I started to blame Tristan. At the end I think Mia needs help. She seems nice, but she seems to have some problems.

I agree about Dave and Amber. Even though they are separated they still haven't formally divorced. I thought it was a little strange we never saw Dave talk about his family at all on camera. They might have been like Cortney's (Season One) family and wanted their privacy. But since Cortney and Jason stayed together - and are still married - they flew to meet her family right after the show stopped filming. And she did talk a little about them during the show. But Dave didn't at all. It was all about his friends. And I do also like you think Amber's insecurities doomed that relationship, although they blamed it on her dating one of his good friends. Dave said he had heard a lot about that girl, without of course knowing it was Amber. He also said if he had known he would not have participated. So who knows what his friend said?

Danielle and Bobby are just so cute! Remember at first he was reluctant to date someone older than he is. Like Pastor Cal says, "Everyone deserves a Bobby"! They are going to be part of Married at First Sight: Happily Ever After. They had already started filming that during this season's run on TV, but of course couldn't let anything leak out. 

So it looks like we have MAFS: Honeymoon Island with Pastor Cal and Dr. Jessica and MAFS: Happily Ever After with Dr. Pepper! And you probably know Dr. Jessica is dating Jon from Season 6 IRL. Molly treated him horribly, and of course they divorced as soon as they could. I liked Jon, and I"m glad he's found happiness with someone else. Nick from the Miami season is also with, and has twins with, a person who was behind the scenes. He and Sonia stayed together at the end, but it didn't work out. When they started dating Dr. Jessica said "the experts" actually have little time with the contestants. They are coached and given professional advice by a team behind the scenes. After all, it IS reality TV!  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

Mia and Tristan were a done deal from week one imo! And if Amber didn't let her insecurities get the best of her she'd be in a different place right now. Dave jsut had enough! You could tell by his expressions and body language in the '3 month later' final show.

Bobby and Danielle are a great match- a true ying and yang !!

@Ibby114, IMO, you hit the nail on the head.  If memory serves from the finale, Amber moved out while Dave was out golfing and never told him.  That's wrong; if she felt that way, she owed it to him to tell him what she was going to do.  Then she wanted another chance and I don't blame him for saying no.  Had he wanted to continue, he'd have been living walking on eggshells.  He couldn't do or say anything to make her feel loved.

Tristan/Mia - I have no sympathy for Mia.  She stated she had no idea how difficult marriage could be.  Well, duh.  It's a 'give and take'/compromise thing.  She lied from the beginning rather than owning what she did. 

I hope Bobby/Danielle do well and I plan on watching them and the other 2 couples in the MAFS Happily Ever After shows.

Honored Contributor

I will also watch the Happily Ever After episodes.   I'm so happy for Bobby and Danielle.  I hope they stay happy and have a great life.

I watched the first episode of that other one (two days to choose a mate) but I don't feel like I will stick with that one.   I think they are trying too hard to expand this franchise.

Also happy for Tristan.  He really seems like a good guy to me but she is just so very dishonest that I feel like that is just her MO for going through life.  I just didn't care for her from very early on.  Then when everything came out about the stalking and the other thing that eludes me in this moment, and she lied about that, I knew that she was nothing like what she presented.

I didn't feel a dislike for Dave, but it feels understandable that he had had enough of Amber's insecurities.   She needs a bunch of time to get her act together but she seems focused in only on the fact that she wants to have kids and is running out of time.

Regular Contributor

I feel Amber moved out hoping that Dave would profess his love for her and beg her to move back in; she gambled and lost. They are both better off going their separate ways.

Honored Contributor

@apl_pi14 wrote:

I feel Amber moved out hoping that Dave would profess his love for her and beg her to move back in; she gambled and lost. They are both better off going their separate ways.

I know, right?  When will some people get that game-playing with others is just not the way to build the foundation for a relationship.   

I was never one for game-playing and I have never seen that as a way to be trusted or respected.     She seems old enough to know that but I guess some people never learn.

Respected Contributor

The whole thing with Dave and Amber is that Dave was not in love with her and he knows he never will be.  If he was he would be blind to all her other problems at least for a while.  As for Danielle and Bobby I was surprised about the pregnancy.  I thought she was not ready for that.  Now that they are on that new show (Happily ever after) I wonder if they sped things up to make money on that show to pay off all her debt.  I read where he has the house up for sale.  I guess buying a new place they pick out together and bigger for baby.  Of all the couples they seem the oddest to me.  I think they picked two people who really wanted marriage and wanted it to work.  Usually it is one sided but these two seem determined to make it work.  Bobby said she makes the most money so maybe he will be the stay at home parent or maybe the money from new show will help her to stay home.

Honored Contributor

Was not surprised in the least about Mia and Tristan.  She was a mess from the start.  Starting out the relationship the way she did -- was horrible -- and I wouldn't have blamed him if he ended it right then.  Especially by the fact that she would not being honest about it.  If she would have come out and been truthful, then maybe they could have saved it.  But it was downhill all the way.  He was not mature either.  His reactions were not good and he did not handle any of it well.  As they were both sitting there on the reunion show, he actually looked like he was suppressing laughter several times.  Certainly not appropriate responses.  

Bobby and Danielle -- I still say this is pretty much one-sided.  I am not saying she does not care for him -- but he has bent over backwards for her from the start and she has pretty much been the taker.  I don't really believe this will be all sunshine and roses either or that it will even last.

I have to say for some reason I was really sad and disappointed about Amber and Dave. I really liked Dave.  And even though he came across as rigid at times, I felt like he was a good person and had good values and wanted to be in a committed relationship.  I feel Amber's constant insecurities really wore him down.  What she did by moving out and not letting him know --- she shot herself in the foot!  If this was a ploy by her to see if her would run after her and beg her to come back --- well it failed miserably.  It shows that game playing by adults is never a winning situation.  I do feel that Amber genuinely cared for Dave and is very unhappy about the breakup.  What was said about the guy she dated fron the gym and what happened there -- who knows?  You could also tell that she was really sad when Bobby and Danielle were being discussed about their baby.  She was always saying how much she wanted a baby.

In any event --- we can only hope some lessons were learned and that they can and will move on and have in the future happy and committed relationships.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin