Respected Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight New Orleans

After watching this season, I think Olivia and Henry would have been a better match on the show.  They might not have made it in the end but I think their personalities are better matched. 

Super Contributor

@Wsmom @Lisa now in AZ  I really enjoyed the reunion show!  What a great season!  I was happy to see Miles and Karen still together. Woody and Amani are adorable. And, what can you say?? Amelia and Bennett are too cute.  She seems to have grown closer to Bennett, as she was showing a lot of affection.  Henry was not the Henry we saw all season. I was happy to see him speak up! He clearly was still angry with Christina, but she handled it better than I would have. It was also cool to learn that Woody and Henry have become good friends! Miles might get jealous. LOL  I'm not fond of Olivia or Brett.  They both have issues. Can't wait for next season which I believe starts in January with an Atlanta cast!

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the reunion show too!

Bennett and Amelia - what more can you say? They're just perfect for each other! We will probably see them on Couples' Couch - IF Amelia's schedule permits,

Woody is one of a kind. And he is such a kind person! I'm so glad he and Amani are so happy together. We saw a different Amani during the show from when we first "met" her. They will have fun together!

And how great to live three doors down from your best friends! Karen and Miles are sweet together. Miles has always been one of my favorites!

Now the other two - I'm sorry, but I think most of their "journey" was scripted. Woody kind of let the cat out of the bag when he said how "outgoing" Henry is. I knew he had a sense of humor, but how they were portraying him. . . And that story line about the "text" Christina got - I don't believe that was real for a minute. It was done for ratings, just as they did with Luke and Kate (DD's friend worked with Luke in his engineering job while they were filming his season. Luke was nothing like they portrayed him to be.)

I had read that Henry is now dating someone. I guess that was wrong, but I think he's a lot more outgoing than we saw!

Olivia and Brett confuse me. I might be the only one around who really likes Brett! Why would they match someone who wants a family with someone who doesn't want kids? FOR DRAMA! They at first SEEMED to have a lot in common, but the opposite was true. 

Remember these kids don't really live in "their" apartment- although maybe because of quarantine they did. Usually they film nights and weekends, because they have regular jobs. When we see them "waking up together," it could be 7 or 8 p.m!

Brett was probably not there for the reunion because he couldn't be, but of course they made it look like he didn't want to be there. Who knows?  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

After watching this season, I think Olivia and Henry would have been a better match on the show.  They might not have made it in the end but I think their personalities are better matched. 

@itsmagic A lot of people were saying that- and I agree! I hope they read the comments and consider even just a dinner out. (& yes, with expensive wine !! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Christina mentioned something about spending a lot of time in Mexico.  Don't know if she has actually moved there.  I saw a couple pictures of her on line and she has lost a lot of weight and I think they said she had some dental work done.  Maybe she is just trying to totally re-do her whole life!  Maybe she could use some counseling as well.  I think Henry had been trying to be nice on the show so that it wouldn't make her look bad, but I believe he really put up with a lot of rubbish from her and then finally reached his breaking point, and just let it all out!  Good for him.  

As for Brett, when Olivia was talking about him serial dating, well, I thought, that is his business if he wants to do so, but I agreed with her when she said, he was always so concerned with spending money and saving, and never wanting to spend to do anything  with her, but going on all these dates all the time is expensive.  Olivia seemed a bit rigid at times but perhaps she had to be dealing with him.  He said a lot of really hard and cold things.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

When Karen speaks I hear psycho babble. Maybe it's just me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a Henry fan.  Christina has her faults and made some bad choices but Henry had misgivings at THE WEDDING and didn't discuss his "red flag" issues with Christina.  No excuse for that.  Any mature man would have stepped up and had a conversation to clear the air.  

I also think he lacks empathy.  Just my 2 cents.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I'm not a Henry fan.  Christina has her faults and made some bad choices but Henry had misgivings at THE WEDDING and didn't discuss his "red flag" issues with Christina.  No excuse for that.  Any mature man would have stepped up and had a conversation to clear the air.  

@Snoopp  I hear you about Henry. But I think he got stronger in the process and was ultimately able to express his feelings fully. She wanted someone more confident- you have to be careful what you ask for!! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

When Karen speaks I hear psycho babble. Maybe it's just me. 

@shaggygirl I still think she has/had some serious baggage to work through. She was fortunate to meet Miles- he's so patient and understanding. Such compassion is a find!

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Snoopp , I agree with you.  I can't put my fiinger on it.  Passive aggressive?  By no means am I saying Christina is a saint, but I think production had a good time bringing that side out of her. Henry was like talking to a wall.  And his looking away smirking when she would talk was a total turn- off.  I think she irked production at the beginning so they did their best to poke the bear and make sure she got a horrible edit.  Not only did they probably send the text, they are probably the ones who told his friends about her relationship with a married man.  I know @beach-mom  has said they did that with Luke (gave him the bad edit), and I am sure that is what was going on with a couple of the other guys in subsequent seasons.   I feel badly for Christina.  I think she went into this wanting it to work and ended up in a "relationship" with a guy who really had no intention of ever making it work from day one and opted to go the victim/martyr route rather than manning up and ending it like Brett did when he realized it was going nowhere.