Respected Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight New Orleans

I was quite surprised to hear Amelia say that.  I see her in a new light.   Now I am not sure she loves Bennett.   As she gets crazy busy in her residency, she might have more in common with people at the hospital.   Except for being quirky (how much of that is real?) what do she and Bennett have in common.  I guess time will tell.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

Some people will do anything on TV.  And some producers will do anything to exploit people and get their show on TV.  

@depglass - Of course! I see so many producer-driven story lines this season! I think they had to give Amelia and Bennett SOMETHING, like they did Danielle and Bobby, who were perfect for each other, from the Dallas season. (They did a "Danielle has too many bills" story line to shake things up a little, but we knew better!)

I think Christina and Henry were scripted from the start. They are probably good friends now IRL!

Spoiler
Henry is dating someone seriously. We think it's the "best friend "!

I like both Olivia and Brett, but they are so wrong for each other. I said before I think Brett's constant teasing by his brothers affected his view on life. I do like Brett's sense of humor.  But I noticed when he "walked out," HIS cat was still in the apartment. And no one like him would "clean the apartment out" and not leave any food. Totally producer scripted for shock value!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

The "scripting" for t.v. - I get that they do it to make it supposedly more interesting, but it sure doesn't give the viewers a clear picture of what is really going on!  

I thought Amelia and Bennett were really a good match, considering how quirky their personalities seem to be, and also their unorthodox approaches to life.  However, after hearing what she had to say about her reasons for wanting to be on the show -- I have to say I was totally appalled and shocked!  She seemed so blunt and cold by what she was saying --- she didn't really think she'd get picked, she just wanted to be on t.v., something about she figured as long as the person she got matched with was a nice person, it would be o.k, she felt like a movie star being on camera, and she would miss it once the cameras were gone!  I just saw like a coldness, a disconnect in her, as if what she did in this process and what she was saying, was not supposed to hurt Bennett at all!  

I at first thought when Bennett said he would spend part of the time there and part of the time in Virginia that this was not him totally committing, but obviously, he was smart in feeling this way!  I totally feel sorry for Bennett.  He seems a very kind, sweet, open and not fake person at all.  You could just see him deflating as Amelia revealed herself to him.  I felt so disgusted!

As far as Brett, the way he was talking to his friend when they met up, I thought --- how can your friend put up with you?  He seemed kind and to be able to see what the real issues were and that Brett was not learning anything at all from this experiene.  I think Brett is a total jerk.  He seems very unflexible.  His way, or no way.

Karen and Miles.  She seems to want him to be Mr. Macho.  Maybe she wants a caveman, who wants a guy to just beat his chest and and take her and throw her over his shoulder and carry her to the cave and have his way with her!  But, then, when Miles barely lays a finger on her, she practically has a fit!  I just don't think she really wants him.  Yes, he is a kind man, but that doesn't mean he is a fit for her.  If she really wanted him, she would have been physical with him by now!  Poor Miles --- I do think he is for sure a kind and loving man - he just needs the right woman!

As for Amana and Woody, this has been my golden couple.  I have absolutely adored him -- his personality, his sense of fun, the way he seemed to treat Amana.  I was shocked by this as he was the one from the start who I picked that would never be a good match.  In the previews, where they decide if they will stay together, they showed Amana saying she wanted a divorce.  This has to be a joke????  I can't see her really wanting a divorce.????

Christina and Henry.  What is wrong with Christina???  They have everyone believing that Henry is the messed up one and she is all sweet and doing nothing wrong and all  put together.  My belief about her is --- as he said --- she is dishonest --- way more going on with her!  And it seems she has some serious issues --- is she psychotic or what?  Something is really off there.  

Yes, Henry has some kind of facial tic, but that doesn't make him crazy.  And if it is getting worse  --- well, no wonder --- trying to deal with her!!!  I still can't figure out --- where is she going at night when she doesn't come home until late --- nothing is said about that?  Where had she been living before they got married?  No answer there.  And this story she came up with about him having a homosexual affair and then Henry says to the camera that she said to him something about he had to have her back or she would reveal it???

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

No surprises here with decision day. I was glad Henry spoke his mind !! He'll be bolder for having through this expereince. 

Esteemed Contributor

Can Henry make an attempt to look Christina in the eye when speaking to her?  He didn’t look at her once.  Ever.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp 

I don't know if he has a real issue with making eye contact with most people but maybe because she seemed to be so confrontational with him so much of the time.  I actually know someone though who has this issue.  He cannot make eye contact and he actually has some kind of psychological issue - I can't remember the name of what the doctor said it was.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I don't see Karen and Miles making it.  Four months and they haven't kissed passionately???  Miles should have cut his losses and run.  

She has some intimacy issues and her friends confirmed it at their get together to talk about decision day.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I don't see Karen and Miles making it.  Four months and they haven't kissed passionately???  Miles should have cut his losses and run.  

She has some intimacy issues and her friends confirmed it at their get together to talk about decision day.  

@tends2dogs I thought Karen must have had a bad experience with a relationship in the past,  she seems to  have serious baggage. Miles is an angel !!!

Trusted Contributor

Anyone watching the Reunion show tonight? It doesn't start here for another hour, but I hve been reading some comments. Sounds like Henry doesn't hold back and really blasts ChristinA - yay!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I did watch the reunion and thought it was very enjoyable.

Very nice to see Miles and Karen seeming to be happy now.  It must be hard for her to know how she was portrayed and all these gals going after her husband.   Fun that they are living down the street from Woody and Armani.

Henry was like a completely different person.   I do give Christina credit for sitting there and accepting what Henry said without denying repeatedly, etc.  I mean at least that we saw.  Now she may have denied denied denied that she had a married boyfriend for five years and they just edited it out.  

Overall a really good season I thought with overall really likeable people and some great couples.  I think it will be hard for next season to live up to this season.   I mean how often do coupels like Amelia and Bennett and Woodi and Armani come along.