Esteemed Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight New Orleans

To a hetersexual man, suggesting he is gay and then he has to defend himself, on TV no less, is really insulting. She was out of line.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

To a hetersexual man, suggesting he is gay and then he has to defend himself, on TV no less, is really insulting. She was out of line.

Agreed.  But I am trying to remember if she was the one who said it on camera first or if it has strictly been him bringing it up on camera every episode to every person he hasn't mentioned it to before.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just caught up on the last two shows last night (recorded). I never noticed that Henry has a serious facial tick. Maybe it's already been mentioned here and I missed it. I'd have to go back and read this whole thread. Has Henry himself ever spoken of it? If so, I missed that too. I never saw the first 2 episodes so maybe he broached the subject early on?

Super Contributor

Was I the only one shocked that Amelia said that she originally applied just to be on a reality show?  And then she said she will miss being around cameras and feeling like a movie star.

Respected Contributor

@WeiRDgeRL   Yes, I was very shocked that she would have been so shallow not only about herself but to put herself in an experiment taken seriously by another person that clearly she had no regard for their well being.  I see her now through a very different lens, certainly not one of a healer which I've had doubts about anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

@WeiRDgeRL wrote:

Was I the only one shocked that Amelia said that she originally applied just to be on a reality show?  And then she said she will miss being around cameras and feeling like a movie star.

This made me think that her marriage won’t stand the test of time.  A quirky couple for sure, but I wonder if some of it is performing for the cameras.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@WeiRDgeRL wrote:

This made me think that her marriage won’t stand the test of time.  A quirky couple for sure, but I wonder if some of it is performing for the cameras.

@Snoopp @WeiRDgeRL Bennett looked downright hurt when she said that.

Respected Contributor

Bennet did look crushed and rightly so.  From the first moment he laid eyes on her, she was all performance.  At what point could he depend on anything she said or did being authentic?  He'll have to weigh that against the later times when she claimed she loved him and weigh throughout, then weigh whether he is willing to upend his life for a life with someone he may not always be able to believe. 

He's very deep and sensitive.  If she is cavalier with his heart, she doesn't deserve him at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

Bennet did look crushed and rightly so.  From the first moment he laid eyes on her, she was all performance.  At what point could he depend on anything she said or did being authentic?  He'll have to weigh that against the later times when she claimed she loved him and weigh throughout, then weigh whether he is willing to upend his life for a life with someone he may not always be able to believe. 

He's very deep and sensitive.  If she is cavalier with his heart, she doesn't deserve him at all.

Good point, @Free2be .  In retrospect, knowing now she went into this for the purpose of being on reality TV, you have to wonder who the real Amelia is.  Is she really that quirky but has to tone it down for her profession or is she just somebody who was putting on a show to be on TV.   He shouldn't be giving up his tiny house just yet if he stays with her and makes the move.  

Esteemed Contributor

They both seem to be playing to the camera. Does he really wear a long gown to sleep? And that crown??