Honored Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight New Orleans

@colliegirls 

I agree with you for the most part.  The longer they wait, the harder it will be.  They are building up more walls and getting more into the friend zone all the time.  I think  you're right -- if Christina really has interest at all in Henry, she definitely needs to put the moves on him.  He can either respond or rebuke her.  Either way will tell her a lot.  As for Karen --- I am sick of her.  She needs to grow up.  She made a big deal of what he wrote on the calendar, when I believe he was teasing her more than anything.  If it bothered her so much she should have said --- hey, no, huh-uh --- don't do that --- I don't like it -- and then wipe it off the board!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Wsmom 

Olivia, although a nice person, is very set in her ways, and is used to spending her money as she wishes for what she wishes.  Brett is also set in his ways and pretty much feels its his way and that's it.  She likes to spend and he wants to save and save.  I don't know if these 2 can meet in the middle.  

Henry needs a very patient person and Christina is anything but.  I realize she has the issue with her medication, etc., but still - he moves at a very slow pace and she's rather high energy or so it seems.  I think Henry when paired with the right person would make a great partner.  I'm sure Christina would, too.  Just don't know if they can make a go of it together. 

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ 

I am very disappointed in Karen.  She will end up losing a very good guy if she doesn't straighten up.  

Christina - yes --- you ask the poor guy to talk and then he tries and you shut him down!  Grrrr. Why should he have to ask for a crumb of affection?

These people should make a stab at affection/intimacy - if they are turned down, then they have an answer.  But don't just sit there stagnating.

I am pleasantly surprised --- so far --- by Woody!  At the start I thought --- oh, boy, here is a real player!  Turns out --- he is so far the best guy out of the bunch!  He makes me laugh -- he is so funny and cute!  Lucky Amani!!! 

Respected Contributor

Olivia should be matched with an older man who already has grown children, career settled and ready to travel and have the fun he did not have time for when young. 

I am not sure what Brett needs....

As for Christina...she knows that Henry is a bit odd, shy and not confident so she keeps telling him that is a deal breaker.  So just leave now....Telling someone you don't like them is not a turn on.  Henry would need a girl that could be kind to him and let him come out of his shell over time. 

Karen is getting on my nerves.   

Respected Contributor

Olivia/Brett - I agree with many of the posts here.  What I don't understand is how the pros matched them.  Brett seems to want kids while Olivia does not.  That should have been a question asked to everyone and each should've been honest.  (Remembering Beth and Jamie). 

Olivia would drive me crazy as she keeps on rehashing things.  The look on her face shows no happiness or having any fun most of the time.  As much as I don't like how Brett answers her, I admit, I would get tired of hearing it over and over again.

She's a spender; he is not - I don't see how it's going to work.

Christina/Henry - I don't care for how she looks at him; like she comes off as if she's "better than him".  He's very shy and she is not.  After telling him to open up and he does, she smacks him down again.  This will keep him from being honest and open with her because who wants to hear that - no one.  If self confidence is a priority for her, then she should walk away now IMO.

Karen/Miles - Miles seems to be a good guy and I think Karen does too much analyzing at times.  I'll be surprised if they make it.

At the beginning of the season, I felt Woody was going to be a player; I think Amani and he make a great couple and he's sure making an effort to make things work - they both are IMO.

Amelia/Bennett - While very quirky (nothing wrong with that), I believe they will make it.  They smile a lot, laugh and have fun.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

I so love what you wrote!

Olivia is very frustrated with Brett's sarcasm and I don't blame her.  Also, nothing wrong with saving money, but they are young and should have fun and do things now while they are young.  They say opposites attract but I think that Brett needs someone just like him --- sarcastic and cheap! 

As for Christina, she keeps harping at Henry about the confidence thing -- knowing full well that he has an issue with this.  Does she think that harping at him continually about it and saying --- are you going to be able to change --- is helping him?  He shouldn't have to change for her or anyone else.  Yes, he is rather odd and shy, but so what?  He deservies someone kind and understanding and someone who will accept him just the way he is!  

Karen is a diva and she also needs to get over herself.  

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote. I do also think Bennett and Amelia are great together.  But, he will not say right now whether he will go with her when she finds out where her residency is.  My vote for success is on Amani and Woody.  

Esteemed Contributor

Olivia needs to lighten up, everything is not a big deal.  Brett may need to cut back on the sarcasm but he wants to laugh and have fun. She needs to relax.

Respected Contributor

Bennett and Amelia just look so unkempt to me. I am so tired of seeing his dirty feet and dirty socks. When they were talking about sweaty armpits or not putting on deodorant I had to fast forward that part... yuck.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DJs mom ...

ITA, I love Bennett and Amelia together, but, all I can think of is how they must smell. I can just imagine how the other guys sitting with him on the couch in the interviews must be holding their breath.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you