Valued Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight New Orleans

I like the doctor, but she needed to lose those desert plate size earrings.  

Honored Contributor

I think on the surface it seems like Amelia and Benett with their quirkinesses will get along...I don’t see it.

I think two quirky people do not fit together.

I think they’re both too out there for each other.  

I think opposites do attract if they if they have similar backgrounds family-wise....

Honored Contributor

I have a spoiler. Please don't open this if you don't want to know the current status of these couples.

Spoiler
Of the 3 weddings we saw last week, 2 couples are still married! That's all I'll say for now. If you think of what we've seen so far you can figure out who's not together.
Honored Contributor

I come from a small family DH comes from a larger one (he grew up as the only boy with 4 sisters). I'm intrigued by Brett's family. On one hand I think they'd be a lot of fun, but I also can see how it might be a little hard sometimes. As his brother told Olivia if they teased you it meant they like you.

I'm no psychologist, but Brett is the youngest of 5, and it seems like he was probably teased and maybe embarrassed and a little bullied his whole life. I'm pretty sure that probably affects him. Add to the fact that he had his heart broken when his fiancée cheated, and I would bet he has a hard time opening up and trusting. 

Respected Contributor

Amelia and Bennett...... She seems quirky and fun and he seems quirky and boring.  They seem like a good fit because you would have to be out there and quirky to like either one.  I think he might like the idea of being supported financially since he does not have any specific career goals.  She must be smart and have a serious side to have graduated from Medical school.  They definitely interest me the most right now.  

Occasional Visitor

I watched it the other night and as she is walking up the aisle she says to her mom i know him, ane the hair under the arm kinda grossed me out to, but she is like a hippy from the 70.

Honored Contributor

I am in love with Amelia and Bennett!!   Seriously, how cute are they and how much are they alike.  They seem happy and fun.  I'm not finished yet with last night's episode but I just hope there isn't any manufactured drama.

Brett - ick, still.    I hope he turns out to not be the jackhole he seems.  I hate to see another nice young lady get stuck with a creeper.  

I don't remember all the names (yet?) but, over all and so far, the matches seem pretty good with most of them.  Of course, this is day one so who knows!

Honored Contributor

I don't think Christina & Henry will be success story.  He's too timid and awkward.  She's gonna steamroll over him.  She's too into herself.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I don't think Christina & Henry will be success story.  He's too timid and awkward.  She's gonna steamroll over him.  She's too into herself.

Yeah, I didn't realize quite how timid he is until the wedding.  

I recall while he was telling her about his friends and she suddenly realized she forgot her earrings and went off on a tangent about that, ignoring everything he was saying.    That made me cringe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nobody else has watched last night's episode yet?   Basically, it was the last two weddings and then all 5 couples' receptions and each person talking to the family/friends of their spouse.  

No major drama yet.