Respected Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight New Orleans Fans -

I don’t understand how Christina and Henry were matched in the first place. I know the show needs couples like this to keep it interesting but to say in the beginning how they thoroughly interviewed the couples, vetted them and felt they would match seems far out to me.  

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

I truly don't know!  Money can certainly be a big issue and problem in marriages.  Some men also just can't get past it if their wives make more than they do.  I know these people are all saying they want a partner, they want to be married, they are tired of dating and/or of being alone.  But they don't seem to get it, or want to embrace the fact that marriage involves a lot of compromise.  Things cannot stay the same when you are sharing your life with another person. It takes an open mind and willingness to accept the differences and how to navigate the changes that will take place.    

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@beach-mom 

I truly don't know!  Money can certainly be a big issue and problem in marriages.  Some men also just can't get past it if their wives make more than they do.  I know these people are all saying they want a partner, they want to be married, they are tired of dating and/or of being alone.  But they don't seem to get it, or want to embrace the fact that marriage involves a lot of compromise.  Things cannot stay the same when you are sharing your life with another person. It takes an open mind and willingness to accept the differences and how to navigate the changes that will take place.    

@AngelPuppy1 - I think these are the couples who have a chance on this show. The "experts" do try to really match couples, but I'm sure they have help. And not ALL of the brides and grooms apply to be on the show. Some are recruited- or "found." Remember Zach from last season? They found him and asked him to go on the show.  (BTW he and Mindy are good friends.) They find some on dating websites. But as I tell everyone some really do take it seriously and fall for each other, just like co-stars on any TV show do. I think there are only one or two seasons where no couple has stayed together. The rest have success stories!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Afer this week's episode- Henry is really a good guy!! After Christina opened up about her ADD issues he was very supportive. And then seeing him teach her to golf, he was so patient and  confident in the whole process. It was great seeing that side of him. Hopefully Christina learns to appreciate that and CHILLS a bit!