Esteemed Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight July 10 Lifetime

@HisElk1 wrote:

After watching the 2nd episode when the couples were having get togethers with family, etc., I found myself yelling at the TV when Mia's father said something to the effect that Tristan better be on the up and up and treat his daughter well.  

After reading what she's done to her ex boyfriend and the stalking, etc., he had a lot of guts saying that.  Of course, I'm assuming her parents know what she did and why the delay at the airport.  

I feel so bad for Tristan and if it were me, I'd be telling the professionals that I want an annulment and nothing to do with her.

It seems they aren't really checking them out as well as they really need to be.

Off topic, did anyone see the ads for the new show, something like "seven year switch"?  I can't think of the blond woman's name that is on MAFS, but she's the one on the ad.

@HisElk1 - speaking of the get togethers with family - I thought it was odd that Dave had his bridal party at the brunch rather than his family. He explained they're the ones who know him best. Woman Frustrated The brunch was supposed to be about the families getting to know each other - not about what was best for DAVE! Maybe I'm reading into it - the success history of the show isn't the best!!  I thought that was kind of self serving of him.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114  I didn't feel that it was self serving of Dave at all. He was being honest.  Coming from a disfunctional family myself, my friends have become my true family over the years.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

After watching the 2nd episode when the couples were having get togethers with family, etc., I found myself yelling at the TV when Mia's father said something to the effect that Tristan better be on the up and up and treat his daughter well.  

After reading what she's done to her ex boyfriend and the stalking, etc., he had a lot of guts saying that.  Of course, I'm assuming her parents know what she did and why the delay at the airport.  

I feel so bad for Tristan and if it were me, I'd be telling the professionals that I want an annulment and nothing to do with her.

It seems they aren't really checking them out as well as they really need to be.

Off topic, did anyone see the ads for the new show, something like "seven year switch"?  I can't think of the blond woman's name that is on MAFS, but she's the one on the ad.

@HisElk1 - speaking of the get togethers with family - I thought it was odd that Dave had his bridal party at the brunch rather than his family. He explained they're the ones who know him best. Woman Frustrated The brunch was supposed to be about the families getting to know each other - not about what was best for DAVE! Maybe I'm reading into it - the success history of the show isn't the best!!  I thought that was kind of self serving of him.  

@Ibby114, when I posted, I forgot about what Dave did and glad you reminded me (my mind was on the other subject).  Yes, that was wrong IMO, but I guess we won't know if his family had to leave right away..... still, it did seem uncomfortable during the scene and it surely bothered Amber too.

Esteemed Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Ibby114, when I posted, I forgot about what Dave did and glad you reminded me (my mind was on the other subject).  Yes, that was wrong IMO, but I guess we won't know if his family had to leave right away..... still, it did seem uncomfortable during the scene and it surely bothered Amber too.

They did mention that his family had to leave. Also, maybe his family did not want to be included in further episodes?!  What bothered me was that the day after they were married, the couples should have been spending time and getting to know each other. The family part could come later. After all you usually don't bring home a person to meet your family at your first date/meeting.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh! Woman Happy I didn't hear the part where they mentioned Dave's family had to leave- I jsut heard him say his bridal party 'knows him better'. It made me think he had a strained relationship with his family.   But for some reason Amber seemed to take it personally!  We'll see the real deal as the season progresses!

Respected Contributor

Monsters and critics dot com has info on the background leading to Mia's arrest.  Sad that she continued to lie on camera to her new husband saying it was all a mistake, that her identity had been stolen and that the complainant was only an acquaintance.  BS

Esteemed Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

Monsters and critics dot com has info on the background leading to Mia's arrest.  Sad that she continued to lie on camera to her new husband saying it was all a mistake, that her identity had been stolen and that the complainant was only an acquaintance.  BS

@Free2be  I don't tend to believe most of what I read on all of these online pages. I truly hope it is fabricated in this case. The producers for MFS surely would have double checked into the false identity claim to protect their credentials.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I have having a lot of difficulty understanding Mia's excuse for the arrest, thus I don't believe her. Somebody stole her car? Assumed her identity? It was all a mistake??? Then she is suprised when Tristan says he has a copy of the warrant with the details. Something is not right with all this.

Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep - The MFS producers explained they did do a background check - the warrant came out the day after their background check cleared - that is why they had no idea there was a warrant.

Respected Contributor

Even though the show producers know she is lying they have to be as supportive as possible because the new husband has chosen to take her word that she is innocent.  They were completely supportive for him to back out if he wanted.  Then it was suggested to her that she take this experience and turn it into something positive, they meant the real experience, not the invented one.