Valued Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight January 2021

When I saw the blonde stewardess I thought, wow, this one is going to be trouble, and the guy they have her paired with seems so nice. I, too, thought maybe the "experts" were not doing a good job of matching people. Then I had a cynical thought: Maybe the experts are deliberately mismatching people because the conflicts within these couples create more ratings for the show. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

@Lisa now in AZ Which one is Chris, can you describe? 

The one with the dark hair.  They always have #BLE$$ED after his name.  He said that God told him to leave preaching and go out and make money.  He seems like a jerk.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

@tends2dogs Oh yes, now I know who you mean. He was talking to the pastor there at one time about a previous relationship. I did not get a good warm feeling about him.

Esteemed Contributor

Chris rubbed the other guys the wrong way too. Chris & his wife are going to be the 'mess couple' of the season! 

Esteemed Contributor

I probably missed it in the endless hours of this show but did the experts know Chris had just come out of an engagement?

Other people have gotten an annulment on this show...well, at least one couple has...so she should definitely be able to get one.  He is the very definition of annulment material.  He is such narcissistic tool.

Honored Contributor

It was so long!  They re-hashed so much stuff!  Ridiculous!  Some of the matches I am thinking already --- why --- just why?  The ones who pick the couples they're always saying stuff like -- this one is an introvert and this one is an extrovert,  this one wants to stay home and this one wants to go out, this one is a saver and this one is a spender --- so they will balance each other out!  Hello ---- look out!  These people are strangers and you expect them to just make such significant changes right off the bad???  And a lot of them have been single for a long time and they even say --- I do what I want, when I want, how I want, etc., etc.  Oh boy ----  I really see an issue with the older guy and the younger girl who wants to party, party, party!  I feel sorry for him!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Angelpuppy - you are so right!  

These experts really need to do a conscience check.  You are matching people apparently on how they will not be compatible in order to raise ratings - really how do they sleep at night.

The older pilot paired with the drunken party girl - really experts??????

She got drunk and threw up at the bachelorette party - you see this as a good match for an older, settled male.  Anyone with common sense knows that this guy who travels a lot wants to stay home and relax after jetting all over.  He doesn't want to go to the club and get drunk.

If Virginia parties so much in bars, why hasn't she met a kindred spirit who will party with her?  

The stewardess with the fitness fanatic.  He works at 2-3 hours a day - when does he have time to be anyone's partner?  

Trusted Contributor

@Wsmom , Chris mentioned that he was engsged 3 months ago and that it didn't work out because of something vague - maybe values????? He is s real jerk and even if that spoiler had not been the case, he would be my least favorite.