Trusted Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight - Houston

I'm going out on a limb here but, I don't care for Myrla (aka JLo), too into herself or Michaela, so phony and in your face.  The lady who said she lost a lot of weight (don't know her name yet) seems really nice but needy and borderline depressed..

The guys (except for serial dater) seem much nicer than the women this time around, and I usually feel exactly the opposite.  I'm not feeling these matches. We''ll see, I hope  I'm wrong.

Honored Contributor

I don't think Michaela and Zach have compatible personalities.  So far he seemed rather conservative and she's loud as a bullhorn.  I'll reserve judgment for the others.

I dozed off and missed the beginning of Bao and Johnny's wedding.  I wanted to see their reaction upon recognizing each other.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I think the only reason I watch this anymore is because it's mindless entertainment.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't sit and watch the full 4 hours,which included Unfiltered and a couple Couples Cam previews along with next week half hour preview.  

Johnny and Bao - for @Mmsfoxxie , they knew each other from college days.  I don't think they knew alot about each other though.  She really is a beautiful girl, but I am betting she is a Jekyl and Hyde personality.  He seems easy going and soft hearted.

Michala and Zach - I could take about 5 minutes of her loud mouth and take charge behavior.  Is any many going to live up to "daddy" that she has on a pedestal.  Zach needs a backbone.  I don't have a problem with a man shedding a few tears, but he may have a problem.  Will he be this season's Baby Huey?

Ryan and Brett - He seems arrogant.  He mentioned on Unfiltered that he wants a honeymoon baby.  I am hoping that he sincerely likes Brett and she can keep his wondering eye in check.  Maybe when he is in a commitment, he will treat the relationship differently.

I didn't see enough of the other couples to make a guess on success.  

One side note - Jamie on Unfiltered did not look her best.  That skirt was so short that it was making me nervous the way she had her legs crossed.  She usually looks so well groomed, but last night her hair was messy and her make up was different.  I think most of her shows are taped in one sitting so she will most likely be wearing this same thing for all the episodes.  If these shows are taped after the season is over, judging by body language, Ryan and Brett aren't together.......but again he seems arrogant.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I just finished watching.  Did it need to be THREE HOURS??    yikes.  Anyway, maybe the Bao and Johnny thing isn't as bad as they made it seem.  I hope the best for them.   She is so beautiful and they both seem like good people.  That's a start.  Smiley Happy

As for everything else, it's still a bit much so I'm not sure what to think but that one guy, Ryan I believe, looks really familiar.  Maybe he just looks a lot like somebody else.  

It was interesting to learn that this was January.     Most things are taped so far ahead of time but I rather like knowing where we are in reality.

Respected Contributor

If Johnny was recruited from online, we can hope he was on a dating site where he expressed his wish to marry.  At least that would give the show some ethics which I sometimes question.

I wish their marriage well but don't hold out a lot of hope because he is so rigid and fearful.  His expectations are somewhat demanding.  She has her own rigid issues.

No comment on the others, not enough yet to go on except for the bride who is refusing to even kiss at the alter.  She'll be getting into her own way and destroying any chance to connect unless she really likes what she sees at the onset.

Esteemed Contributor

Aw, I really like Johnny and Bao.  I wish them well.  But man, that product placement with the stick in the glass has to go!

Initial opinions on the others but hard to say at this point.

Honored Contributor

Interesting that you mention Jamie @tends2dogs.  Since season 12 was the only season I've seen, I decided to check out season one the other day.  Only got to episode five so far.  Jamie really struck me as the strangest of the women....there were only three.  So much crying by her!  Real tears!  I'm not surprised that now she is claiming emotional issues.  Her husband had the patience of Job dealing with her.  But they're still married; guess that says something.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Did you all notice Johnny's kitchen knife block?  I LOL'd and knew he had a great sense of humor.  You can check it out at Amazon:

Kitchen Cutlery Storage Organizer Humanoid Knife Block Holder Multifunctional Tool Creative Home Decoration (Color : Red)

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Interesting that you mention Jamie @tends2dogs.  Since season 12 was the only season I've seen, I decided to check out season one the other day.  Only got to episode five so far.  Jamie really struck me as the strangest of the women....there were only three.  So much crying by her!  Real tears!  I'm not surprised that now she is claiming emotional issues.  Her husband had the patience of Job dealing with her.  But they're still married; guess that says something.

@Mmsfoxxie - I've watched them all. Jamie wanted nothing to do with Doug, but after a while started giving him a chance. He didn't push her either. Doug has a strong family background; Jamie didn't. She raised her younger siblings. 

I've watched all of the "follow up " shows too. Jamie and Doug renewed their vows. I'm not on social media, and DD says Jamie posts TOO much, but I have a soft spot for her.

She also was on The Bachelor before this. I didn't see that whole season. That was when I was starting to lose interest in the show!

8B1EAF5E-A6C5-4BA3-A78A-6A0D9D20B6DF.jpeg