Esteemed Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight - Houston

I watched and couldn't believe when the guide said it was 3 hours!  I don't have a recording option and agonized through it without FF option.  I did flip back and forth to different shows.  Woman Very Happy

The panel didn't hold out much for hope for the majority of the couples. I have to agree. Since I can't remember any of the names yet, I won't comment........except I don't think the Asian couple will make it for sure. 

It was good to see some of the past couples/singles.  Hayley still grates on my last nerve.  At least she didn't cut down Jake.  Also Paige and her soft talk.....Woman SurprisedWoman Mad  Derek looked good and happy.  He will be a good catch for some lucky girl.  I can't think of the girl that came on with him.  She looked really good, but she is certainly different.  She seems happier for sure.  I am sick of hearing people saying "I am learning to love myself".....getting a little old. 

It is also kind of interesting that two of the couples have changed positions on wanting children...meaning now the other spouse is ready, but not the other.  They certainly all looked glam!  Oh and I don't think the Baby Huey name fits anymore.  LOL

Hopefully, we learn the names and that there will be some good chemistry on the upcoming shows.  Is next week the weddings?

@Mmsfoxxie @bayflwc @HisElk1 @beach-mom @ROMARY 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs , yes, next week is the weddings.  I can't say who I think will make it until after the wedding and see them interact.  I will say, though, that the guy who had dated to excess might not be husband material without cheating.  Besides, the woman they chose for him, IMO, is not glamorous enough for him.  She's an everyday pretty woman, average.  Bao is going to get tired of trying to be perfect for Mr. OCD (Johnny).

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I don't think that needed to be three hours long!    I FF'd through a bit in the beginning, thinking it was just those three women I'd never seen before, then they sprinkled some known guests throughout.

I've grown to adore Jamie and Elizabeth and enjoyed seeing the others also.  Weird, though, how some of the couples have divorced but that reality was not reflected in this piece.  I get the time warp, though.  Smiley Happy

I don't know what to think about this season yet.  I need much  more evidence, but that 'oh no, it's Johnny' bit was concerning.   Smiley Surprised

Valued Contributor

Wait, WHAT??!! Woman Surprised

Clara and Ryan have divorced? - Can't say I'm really surprised, because I always felt that Clara was more into Ryan than he was into her (no pun intended) - She seemed to be waaaay more patient than the average woman with his "I've Never Been in Love" schtick.

I think he's a nice guy, but I also think he's more in love with himself, than anyone else.

Clara deserves better - She's a sweetheart.

Now, Virginia and Erik? - NO big surprise there at all - She still wants to party and prioritizes her friends and her dog, Rocky, over Erik.

He needs a "mature" woman who is ready to settle down and start a family with him, before he gets too old to run behind a toddler (LOL)

Re: This New Season - It's gonna be interesting watching Bao & Johnny, and I'm really rooting for Michaela and Zack - The others, eh, we shall see Smiley Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

I'm still catching up on the first two episodes of this season.  Watched a bit of last night's but fell asleep.  Woke up here and there and please, aren't Haley and Paige's 15 minutes up?  I don't need to hear their opinions anymore.  Anyway, I look forward to catching up and joining in on the discussion of who I think has a chance.  

Honored Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes, hope I'm wrong but I think Michaela is gonna be too much for Zack too handle, lol.  He seemed a little on the reserved side and she a freight train coming through at 70 mph.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs @Mmsfoxxie  This is the first I've heard that Erik and Virginia, also Clara and Ryan are divorcing. 

I'm not surprised at all, I never thought Clara and Ryan were compatible, he was bizarre. Not interested in sex, so strange, I believe he was brain washing Clara, she just smiled, agreed with everything he said, even repeated it back like a parrot.  Good for her for breaking away, she seems like a nice girl and deserves much more from a man than psycho babble garbage.

I was rooting for Virginia and Erik but they also were incompatible. His real self, the unbending, opinionated, rigid military pilot came out soon enough. I worked for the airlines, they're almost all like that. She was too young for him, they had nothing in common from the start. They were in lust.

That leaves one couple from that season still together, a 20% success rate. Nothing to brag about.   This Houston season looks to be about the same as the last.. Why have "experts"? Maybe some good comedians should be doing the commentary instead, at least it would be fun and entertaining.

Esteemed Contributor

Really, how could anyone be an "expert" matching people up?  I think some of the comments from the successfully matched couples was spot on and perhaps they would be better at knowing what to look for (as in red flags).

At the very least, they couldn't do worse.  Woman Frustrated

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Regular Contributor

Weddings start tonight and we will get to see how the couples interact.  Like others, I want to see that before I comment on who I think will make it.  Always interesting to see how the relationships evolve.

Enjoy the show.

Honored Contributor

Well, Houston is underway! 

First, I think this is the first season they've shown only two of the couples selecting their wedding outfits. Maybe they'll go back and show more next week. 

Obviously I hope they all make it, but I'm really rooting for Michaela and Zach, and  Rachel and Jose.

Spoiler about one of the grooms ahead:

Spoiler
Johnny was recruited to be on the show. One of the producers found him online and contacted him. I'd like to think these two have a chance, but I don't know!

Smiley Happy