Honored Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight - Houston

The guy that really makes my blood boil is Johnny!  What a nasty little jerk he is!  He is so full of himself and obviously thinks he is all that and a box full of chocolates!   Uh --- look deeply into the mirror, Johnny, you ain't all that!  You should get down on your knees and thank your lucky stars that you were matched with such a woman as Bao!  She has and continues to turn herself inside out for you!  And all you do is snipe, whine, criticize, talk about her to the others and your family and say horrendous, mean, nasty things to her.  How Bao has continued on with this I have no idea!  I would have told him where to go weeks ago!  He has serious mental issues!  Not to mention such an over inflated ego, it's truly disturbing!  Nobody is worth this abuse --- and it is abuse!  Of course, Bao is not perfect.  She has her little quirks and issues.  But she does not appear to be mean spirited and seems to really want this and is committed to being married. 

As for Britt's partner, is it Zack???  He is another one who thinks he should be partnered with some super model!  He is not ugly by any stretch, but obviously thinks he is too awesome for her.  And he is not even man enough, at least by what they are showing on t.v., to just come out and bluntly say --- listen, you're a nice girl, but you're just not doing it for me.  I'm not attracted to you, I never will be attracted to you, and this marriage for me, is a no go!  

As for her supposed messiness, I get it that it's not a good trait, especially if the other person is a neat freak.  However, I certainly would not condemn a relationship or all the other person's good qualities because of this.  They could sit down and have a reasonable talk about this and some adjustments could be made.  

Michaela and Zack --- this is a disasterous pairing.  I'm sorry --- but she has serious issues and seems unbalanced.  The violence she seems to have in her-- she really needs some serious counseling.  And as for him --- he did say to Dr. Pepper that he was realizing that he did have a need to be perfect and he realized that he projected this on others and this was an unrealistic and unhealthy thing to do and he was trying to work on this.  So, at least he has some understanding of his issues, at least in part.  He is too sensitive a person to be paired with such a volatile person as Michaela.  It's this type of situation where people end up getting hurt, not just emotionally, but physically.

Jose and ______ - cant think of her name.  It was all flowers and sunshine ---- too much, really, from the start.  Then the cracks started forming as they started to reveal more of their true selves.  He has a temper and he is controlling.  She is used to doing as she pleases and does not want to be controlled.  For this to work, he needs to get his temper under check and realize his role as a husband is not to control her but to be a partner with her.  She also needs to acknowledge that compromise is necessary.  However, her comments about being off in the summers and how she acts during these periods were not helpful or productive but instead produced anxiety and stressful feelings in Jose.  Not helpful!

As for Myrla and Gil, I have the most hope for these 2.  I can see why Gil was chosed for  Myrla.  He calls her out on her princess ways but in a good natured and not mean way.  Humor is used and openness.  They seem to laugh a lot in their reactions to each other and be somewhat accepting in their differences.  If Myrla can control her tendenies to be  "Debbie Downer" when she feels uncomfortable or upset, I feel they have a very good chance to make it.  

Previews for next week look really interesting!  It appears that Michaela really goes off on a violent tangent!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I have always liked Myrla and I do hope they are able to make it.  He may not be up to the task though.

Johnny got caught on Reddit posting under some other name defending Johnny in a post but then calls out a poster saying "but then you called me..."  lol

Did I miss the episode that they kept showing in the previews with Michaela going crazy about Zack with Ryan there?  Or does it seem like that is next week?  Either way I look forward to it.  Poor girl.  Maybe she just has severe PMS and they choose to just keep all cameras on her during that time.

But 

Spoiler
it seems to be for sure that Zack and Bao are now together.   Michaela seems to confirm that in an instagram post.
Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I have always liked Myrla and I do hope they are able to make it.  He may not be up to the task though.

Johnny got caught on Reddit posting under some other name defending Johnny in a post but then calls out a poster saying "but then you called me..."  lol

Did I miss the episode that they kept showing in the previews with Michaela going crazy about Zack with Ryan there?  Or does it seem like that is next week?  Either way I look forward to it.  Poor girl.  Maybe she just has severe PMS and they choose to just keep all cameras on her during that time.

But 

Spoiler
it seems to be for sure that Zack and Bao are now together.   Michaela seems to confirm that in an instagram post.

Not looking, @Wsmom  Woman Wink.  I posted my thoughts on the other board.  It is too much to type twice. Woman Tongue

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

The previews show Michaela flipping a table at a bed and breakfast - strange behavior for a realtor - don't you think?  THat kind of behavior speaks to a real mental illness issue to me - who goes around flipping tables at a group gathering?

I know Dr. Pepper does home visits to each person's apartment  and does things like open drawers and look into refrigerators.  Wonder what she saw at Brett's house?  If it looked like the squalor that she's living in now - how did she ever get on the show?  I suspect she cleaned up for that interview which to me is dishonest.  They matched you with a guy who is very tidy and I think part of the reason he is not attracted to you is that mess you live in.

I can only guess that Johnny is unraveling now seeing himself on TV.  Maybe he didn't have a clue.  This is going to follow him around till the end of his days.  

I hope future folks who are signing up to be matched are watching some  of the psychos on the show - Michaela and Johnny - and realize that hey, the "experts" could match you with some whackadoodle like Michaela/Johnny.

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs , I know you don't like spoilers that's why I didn't post it on the other board.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@tends2dogs , I know you don't like spoilers that's why I didn't post it on the other board.

Thanks @Wsmom .  I am weak....Woman Wink  I haven't peeked....

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@Houstonoilers , agree with everything you posted.

What would be interesting to watch is if they would have matched Johnny with Michaela.  Both of them are not people I would want to know IRL.

As for Michaela (sp?), I wonder what her clients think of her if they're watching the show.  

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Houstonoilers , agree with everything you posted.

What would be interesting to watch is if they would have matched Johnny with Michaela.  Both of them are not people I would want to know IRL.

As for Michaela (sp?), I wonder what her clients think of her if they're watching the show.  

@HisElk1, that is why I can't understand anyone familiar with this show would be on it...their reputation might suffer.  Michaela is in real estate, very much a public job.  I wouldn't want to visit a house with her knowing I'd have to be on egg shells.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

How boring is my life if I woke up thinking that I can't wait to see Michaela's 'performance' tonight.  Yes, I think her antics are real but I think her knowing the cameras are on makes her worse.  I don't think she realized at the time how awful she would show on film.  Now she's called bipolar and mentally ill on all of social media.  Hurricane K!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie , after seeing her "performance" tonight, if I were one of her clients, she would be fired.

Zach needs to run and fast IMO.